cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Language key" field in merep_pd - from where is got..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Quick question - from where does the Language key (on merep_pd->Mobile ID tab) gots its value? It is not of the device's logon language, neither from the user's logon language.. And even in edit mode this field is not editable.. Do you think changing its value directly in merep_507 (for this only user of course) is a good idea?

Thanks in advance & regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

You can make changes in the table directly but you will have to do a client reset after the entry has been changed. Otherwise there will be data from 2 different languages on the client

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oliver,

Thanks so far, however I need to change it, since the user is constantly receiving some strings in English. It is really strange not to have the possibility to change the key after the Mobile ID was created?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, is it really strange? You can not change the language of the installed software without reinstallation - and that will create a new Mobile ID...... So this makes sence. Have you tried to install the Software in the correct Language?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Language what you see in the MEREP_PD->Mobile iD is obtained during synchronisation. A mobile client synchronises for the first time to get the Device id and if the user has logged in DE then he will get mobile generated in DE language. And when a user logs in EN and synchronises to get the application then a mobile id is generated with EN as the key language. This cannot be changed through any transaction. You will have to uninstall the application and the the user must log in to the client using new language and then synchronise to get the appplication and now the new mobile is generated with new language.

Donot change the language value in the table directly. If you do so, the old data will remain on the client with old language and new data will be in the new language and there is no way this can resolved.

PS: I developed the Multilanguage feature in the product

Link to the blog: [Multi Language|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5506] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

ok, I understand it is not the installation language of the client but the language the user is using while creating the MobileID.

But: you say I can not change the language key in the table,c ause then new date will come down in new language, old data wil remain in old language. Ok, this is a logical thing and I understnd it. BUT: if I change the language manually in the table and then do a client reset - then I will get the data completely in the new language - no? I just ask to avoid new installation....

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

That would solve the problem. After changing the language in the Profile Dialog and you do a client data reset then the data will be loaded in the new language.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oliver and Preetham,

Thanks for your answers so far!

However as I told you, even in Edit mode of the merep_pd, the language key is not changeable, therefore the only way is to modify the table entry for this user (merep_507), right..?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to check, but I think this field comes up with the first sync and it is based on the installation language of the client. I think it is not recommended to change the value - but if it does any harm to do so..... honestyl no idea.

Regards,

Oliver