cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving formdata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to save entered entries in a dynamically PDF.

There is no way without Adobe Reader Extensions. Is this right?

I can imagine there is a way with FDF. But I don't get success when I tried with Adobe Life Cycle Designer.

Or is there a way with JavaScript using ActiveX?

Thanx for answers and ideas.

Christian

Edited by: Christian Burkhardt on Feb 12, 2008 12:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,

You can save the data entered in the pdf created with Adobe Live Cycle Designer only when the UI Element is bound to a context. check for the binding from the object palette.

Regards,

Karthikeyan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know, but it's not placed in a webdynpro or can connect to a server. It's a offline pdf, but dynamically for filling the fields.

I can save the data as XML, but I cannot open the pdf again with the data (offline).

The exactly problem is: An assistent works out of office in the wood, have to make entries to the pdf. He wants to save first the data localy on his laptop. One day later at another place, he wants to open the pdf with the last entries and wants to fill the rest.

I have heard FDF may be a solution.

Which possibilities I have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way is to generated another PDF file with the Value set by user .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have embedded the form into a webdynpro application, which one Java or ABAP??

If Yes, have you properly checked the binding of the datasource property of the form.

If that binding is fine, then i guess there should be no issues, if still u don't get that send me the pdf file generated.

regards

Amita