cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR connectivity with third party systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

As given in the documents related to PI 7.1. Services from SAP CE and SAP PI can be configured into ESR. Is it possible to configure a webservice hosted by third party into ESR and any guidlines present for the same. Any pointers will be helpful.

Thnaks a lot

Manohar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian,

Basically I wanted to check, can a web service(from a third party) be configured in registry similar to a web service hosted by SAP CE or PI. With no involvement of PI at all. Case will be like. Webservice hosted by third party. And to make an entry in ESR. And will be consumed by a third party. The only component of Netweaver used should be ESR and may be some other designer tool but ant run time none of Netweaver component comes into picture once consumer and producer are connected to each other.

This would be the ideal scenario for a registry in SOA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, i think that should be no problem, it may seem confusing but in fact the ESR is just a kind of Design Repository where Service Definitions without any context to a concret system are stored.

The Service Registry (which i think you are looking for) is another thing, you can publish Service Defintions also

from the ESR or the Integration Directory into the Service Registry, but i don't think that is necessary in the usage you like to achieve.

You can do that "directly" by publishing it either with the UDDI Api or on the web interface of the service registry

which lays under the url <host>:<port>/sr (see tab publish) or this blog:

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2007/11/12/new-service-registry-ui-in-nwce-netweaver-composition-environment-71--sp3

Here' s some information on the Service Registry:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/b4ca147d2952f5e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

And this document also contents the relation between ESR (Enterprise Service Repository) and SR (Service Registry):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0301486-758c-2a10-9d84-a195556d...

With best regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manohar,

It's possible to use external Web Service Defintions in the ESR through an "external Definition".

See here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm

In fact it really depends on what you want to do with the external Web Services and if you run PI or just Ce, many ways lead to rome ..

In both CE and PI you have the Enterprise Service Builder Tool to import external Definitions and you can use them from there (and also publish them to the Service Registry as plain definition).

In CE configuration of Web Services (Assigning Url and Authorizatuion Information) is just possible with the "SOAManager" in NetWeaver Administrator.

If you run PI and want to run your external Web Services through PI, you ll configure the Web Services in the Integration Directory

With best regards

Sebastian