cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Warning (Alerts) for Sales Order which became late

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

We need to make an Early Warning report which has to show all Sales Orders which became late compared to the original confirmation date. We're thinking of using the alerts monitor in APO

We tested some scenarios and most appropriate PP/DS alerts are:

1. Product Too Late (dynamic pegging)

2.Order has shortage (Supply undercoverage)

These alerts work only when the orders have the "Fix qty/date" flag checked. We need to set through a job to set fix all line items, get the Alerts (Early Warning), and reset once report is done.

This set up works for our products produced in Plant (9000). However, in DC level, this would not work anymore. I tried running the fix pegging/execute heuristics in DC level but says changes not possible (executing fix pegging heuristic) because material is planned externally. Which means, right now, we only have Early Warning Report for plant 9000. But none yet for DC’s.

What functionalities can we use to accommodate and generate Early Warning report/alert for DC’s?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your insight. Sorry for the late reply. Pegging is actually dynamic. It seems Product Too Late (Dynamic Pegging) is now working. Can you further explain what is the logic of this alert?

In the following scenario, i know that an alert will be raised:

Sales Order X Date: 3/15/2008

Sales Order X Quantity: 100

Confirmed quantity date: 3/15/2008

Supply Availability for Sales Order X: - 3/20/2008

This means that alert is generated because the supply availability arrives later than the confirmed date.

By this scenario, we can classify it as Early Warning.

However, the alerts also picks up situation where Supply availability = Confirmed quantity Date.

Sales Order X Date: 3/15/2008

Sales Order X Quantity: 100

Confirmed quantity Date: 3/15/2008

Supply element (PurReq) for Sales Order X: 3/15/2008

Why is still being picked up by the alert?

Is there a way we can exclude this alert?

Thank you so much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Remember that PP/DS is a detailed scheduling system and therefore uses not just days, but hours and minutes too.

So if the requirement is at 10:00 and the receipt at 12:00 on the same day, then by standard configuration and settings this is classed as a late receipt. To control the alerts being generated go to the product location record on the Demand Tab and the Pegging Sub-Tab.

There should be two fields called Alert Threshold for Earliness and Alert Threshold for Lateness. Enter a threshold in these fields so that alerts within a specified time (e.g. less than a day) are ignored by the system. The format is HHH.HHH:MM so 1.000:00 is a 1000 hours and 24:00 will be a day expressed in hours.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info. I tried defining the thresholds but somehow it does not work for my scenario. To give you a better picture, here is the situation in Product View:

Req Date Req Time Categ Rec/Req Qty Conf Qty

05.03.2008 18:30:00 Sales Order -

500---- 0 (Customer requirement date)

20.03.2008 12:00:00 PurRqs--

500---0 (Supply availability date)

20.03.2008 12:00:00 Sales Order---- 0----- 500 (Confirmed quantity date)

A closer look at the alert is that it is computed based on the difference of Supply (PurRqs) availability date and Customer Requirement date. The variance is around 20.03.2008 minus/less 05.03.2008.

I tried defining the thresholod of 24 hours. Since it is computing based on the Customer requirement date, still the the alert was generated. The only difference is that the variance was less than 24 hours this time.

Is there an alert functionality which computes based on the Confirmation date and not on the Customer requirement date? So that alert will only be generated if Supply date > Confirmation date.

Thank you!

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pegging is activated on demand tab / pegging tab.

What do you mean planned externally? You mean mrp type x0 in r/3?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for replying. Where will i see if the dynamic pegging is activated?

Maybe the problem is that since the materials in DC's are not planned in APO, that's why when i attempted to execute heuristic, change are not allowed. is this possible?

There's only 1 plant (A), and 4 DC's. The materials in DC's does not really mean that they are being planned/produced in plant A.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you look at product view rrp3 and see an alert after assigning the alert profile? Do you have dynamic pegging activated?

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure what the problem is. Sales orders is treated as a demand. If PPDS creates supply that is "late", you will get an alert.