cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Merging in DM means combining the values of several fields or choose the value of one field among fields.

2) Can we merge Qualified table?

3) What about Taxonomy tables?

Best Regards,

nl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

1) Merging in DM means combining the values of several fields or choose the value of one field among fields.

Ans: Combining two or more than two records on basis of some match criteria like: If field name has same value in two records or more than one fields have same values. You can set it while defining Rules.

2) Can we merge Qualified table?

Ans: You can make Rule only on main table Fields. so No.

3) What about Taxonomy tables?

Ans: Same as in case of QT.

For avoid duplicates in lookups QT and TT data you can make fields Unique in Console, so it would not allow you duplicates in at lookup level.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Ans: Combining two or more than two records on basis of some match criteria like: If field name has same value in two records or more than one fields have same values. You can set it while defining Rules

Question: I am doing interactive merging and lets say I have 3 fields with Field1 = abc, Field2 = abcd and Field = abd

Can I merge (combine) these 3 fields and obtain "abc abcd abd" as a result or I MUST choose one of the field value.

Other question : How can we merge qualified table data, for example customer have several phone numbers and customer from system A must me merged with (the same) customer from system B but one of the customer have mobile phone number and the other office phone number, as a result we would like to have one customer with both phone numbers in qualified table? Maybe in several steps, but how?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi User_NL,

Question: I am doing interactive merging and lets say I have 3 fields with Field1 = abc, Field2 = abcd and Field = abd

Yes, u can achive the above thing, just right click in Merge Tab and u have an option of append.Click on the filed2 and right click , then comes the option of append. Follow the same procedure for field 3 value .

And for ur 2nd question, merging is not possible on qualified table. Its only possible in Main table.

Regards,

Shreya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from what shreya has mentioned ,u can use Append for qualifier Lookup field,and Concatenate in case of text field.

And Matching And Merging cannot be applied to Qualifier Table.

Regards

Nisha