cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro ABAP application issue from Portal after ECC 6 upgrade to SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded the Kernel, ABAP and Java stack of ECC 6.0 system to SP14. After the upgrade most of the WebDynpro ABAP applications doesn't load and just flickers when run from Portal as a WebDynpro iView, but they run perfectly fine when accessed directly using URL. These were running fine prior to the upgrade. Can someone suggest what can be going wrong.

Will reward points for helpful answer.

Regards

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts .

This SAP note may help you .

1230506 - Endless loop when starting Web Dynpro ABAP

Regards ,

Nonaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

We also have the same effect, but just with a few WDA applications (e.g. when using ALV Grid).

The SAP note 1230506 mentioned by Nonaka seems to offer the solution.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

Did you ever find out what was causing this problem?

We have just implemented SP14 on EP7 and also have problems, old WDA iViews work ok but any new ones we create don't load properly.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

No, still the problem persist. I am following it up with SAP as it looks like a problem with ECC SP14.

What is the SP level of ECC system you are using?

Thanks

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Restart your service for your application from SICF. Thats how we resolved it.

Thank You,

Gajendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

As Gajendra said, restarting the service in SICF sometimes works for us, but not always. We have also had to deactivate the entire Webdynpro node, and then reactivate it and all of the services below it.

Obviously something changed in the SP, given that we now have to do this every time we create a new WDA application.

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually restart of WebDynpro services would not solve this problem. I have done a lot of investigation in this and what I have observed is that this problem is not at all consitent. If you restart the services then this problem may be gone for a while but it reoccurs again.

Thanks

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help me understand what might be going wrong?

Regards

Mukesh