Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Trex and Solution DataBase in service-desk in solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am haivng few queries .

1) Is TREX search is a pre-requisite for implemeting internal solution database in Solman

2) How to indentify whether TREx is installed or not Tell me where can I look for TRex in Application server.Is there any TCode or path through which I can find out whether its installed or not.Is it a Addin.Is there any extra linsencing required for this.

3) In case if TRex is not installed can I stil implement Internal Solution Database in Solution manager.and If possible wht steps I need to follow.

Waiting for the response at the earlist

Regards

Atul Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I try this procedure the HTTP Server host is empty in the SAF customizing

"Define Basic Settings for HTTP Server"

SAF: Search host

Host name (or IP address) of the search server for the search engine.

Use

After receiving a request, the search server searches the precompiled indexes, and returns a list of matched document information.

Dependencies

The host name of the search server should be recognizable on the local network.

Here I cant enter any HTTP Server (TREX) even so I have established the TREX connection

anyone had the problem before?

cheers

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes you need TREX

2. The Software Agent Framework can tell you if TREX is setup correctly. The following info is right out of the Solution Database node in the IMG.

Software Agent Framework

Use

You must configure the Software Agent Framework (SAF) before you can use the solution database in the Service Desk. The configuration uses several wizards which set-up the search machine and knowledge database.

Requirements

You have set-up the RFC connection to your TREX.

Default Settings

Default customizing (minimum configuration) is available for all Software Agent Framework (SAF) WIZARD activities except the Business Add-Ins.

For a detailed enhanced configuration, see IMG -> Customer Relationship Management -> Enterprise Intelligence -> Software Agent Framework.

Activities

Check Software Agent Framework (SAF) settings

1. Check your settings with the SAF diagnostic tool.

You can use the diagnostic tool to identify and solve problems with SAF configuration or communication between the components and SAF handling, or restore the default customizing.

Proceed as follows:

a) Select all checks.

b) Choose the Search Engine name: STANDARD.

c) Choose Check.

d) All checks should have the status green. Oterwise, expand a check and select Check Default Customizing by double-click.

e) Choose Guide to fix problems and restore default customizing with Next.