cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.0: Importing Process Integration Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have newly installed XI system (NetWeaver 7.0 with PI) with Support Package Stack 14. I wanted to import PI content as describe in note 836200, but after choosing the package - import source in Integration Builder Design - I have the message

Connection to server lost You can log on again once the server is available again Do you want to log on again?

And if I put the password everything seems be ok - message is: Reconnection to server was successful. Repeat the action. But if I repeat the action, problem with lost connection appears again and again.

Also interesting is that Export design objects from Repository is not working - the same error as I wrote for Import, but Export from Directory works well. At the moment we are using file system for transport.

Can you help me where could be the problem?

Best regards,

Slavomir Kysel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For XI Development Infrastructure is not necessary. I think you need DI only if you are developing or creating some software. For XI itself, DI is not needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slavomir, Thank you for the pointers! Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

This one might help you:

- Go to Exchange Infrastructure main page (SXMB_IFR or http://<host>:port/rep)

- Go to Administration

- In the Repository tab, click Java Web Start Administration and then click Re-initialization

After this you should be able to import the content without the problem. You could also restart J2EE after re-initialization to remove possible locks (there might be other way, but restart after re-initialization worked for me).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jani,

Thanks for your advise. It helped me.

May I have one more question?

We are planning to have 2-system landscape model for our XI (development/test and productive system). Should I also install DI or it is not necessary? What is recommendation?

Kind regards,

Slavo.

kysel_slavomir@vseit.sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slavomir,

You may need to deploy the DI_CMS software component of the usage type DI in your Java Stack if you plan to use CTS+ for transporting PI objects. CTS+ is the recommended mechanism for transporting objects in mixed environments such as PI.

Notes 1076189, 1003674 will give you more info.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Thanks for info and notes, it helped me and I will try it.

Slavo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slavomir!

I am also at the same point. Thought you might help me out here.

I need to import PI content. We have installed NW07 (2004s) SR2 usage type PI. Went through OSS note 836200. Followed the path in the service market place ( service.sap.com/swdc ...> to .. ESR Content (XI Content) ).

Here I find XI content for a number of software components. Do I just need to download the XI_CONENT_PI from here? Please advise. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreedhar,

Use link

Support Packages and Patches" SAP Content" ESR Content (XI Content)" XI CONTENT SAP_BASIS" XI CONTENT SAP_BASIS 7.00

and

Support Packages and Patches" SAP Content" ESR Content (XI Content)" XI CONTENT SAP_ABA" XI CONTENT SAP_ABA 700

OR use different way:

Support Packages and Patches" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S)" Entry by Component" Content PI/XI

Best regards,

Slavomir Kysel.