cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual reservation for order category 30 is not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a shopping cart with maintenance order as account assignment category.

SC is showing the status of Error in process. When I checked the process erro cause in function module there I am getting the message " Manual reservation for order category 30 is not allowed "

Can any one tell me how to move forward.

Thanks & Regards,

Govardhan,V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

What is your actual business requirement ?

Which scenario you are working on ? SC showing error in process means SC is trying to create a document in the back end. Looks like you are working in classic scenario.

Check in SPRO settings what is the setting you have defined for " Define objects to be created in the back end system".

Please explain clearly for further help.

Hope this will make you clear in resolving your issue.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks for your update,

Our's is Extended classic scenario. I hae created a shopping cart with maintenance order as account assignment category, and approer approed it. Now when im checking shopping cart status, it is showing error in process status and it is not rplicating in backend.

When I tried to check the reason for error through function module, I came to know that "Manual reservation for order category 30 is not allowed".

Let me know if you need more information from my side.

Thanks & Regards,

Goardhan,V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

If you are working in ECS, the Shopping cart will not create any follow on document in backend R/3.

I think your Product category is 30, thats why the error says Manual reservation for order category 30 is not allowed.

Where did you get the maintenance order? Generally maintenance order is created in the backend R/3 (Plant Maintenance) and a P.R will get generated against that order.

Using PDP (Plan driven procurement) you can transfer that P.R to SRM and can carry out sourcing and can complete the procurement cycle.

Can you please tell me what is your exact business requirement?

Hope this will make you more clear.

Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Maintenance order is created in backend. I have created a shopping cart for a stock material in SRM, for that I have assigned maintenance order number is the account assingment. Cart is created and is approved by the approver, our's is extended classic scenario, once the cart is approved then the PO will create in SRM and it has to replicate in back end.

But it is not replicating in back end, when I tried to find out the reason through function module, there I have seent the message " Manual reservation for order category 30 is not allowed"

I think I have given you the clear cut info about the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Govardhan,V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

I am not sure exactly why this error is coming.

Could you able to successfully create a P.O and complete the cycle this way before ??

I suggest you to work out this way, as you are creating a maintenance order in backend the system will create a P.R in backend with ref. to that mintenance order.

Use Plan Driven Procurement Scenario and send that P.R to SRM and carry out sourcing in SRM system.

I think this way you could able to successfully create P.O and complete the cycle.

Do let me know once you complete the cycle this way.

I am sure it will definitely solve your issue.

Rgds,

Teja