cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPMMC - j2ee servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Are there any limitation on the SAP management console on numbers of j2ee instances?

I'm running three instances smoothly but the fourth would't come up correctly!

Any ideas?

Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Simon,

The most probable reason why server 4 and 5 cannot be started is lack of RAM , i.e. the java heap cannot be initialized.

There is no upper limit of number of java server nodes which belong to one instance. Anyway, in recent practice of customer up to 4 java server nodes of one dialog instance (on e.g. 16 Core machine, 32 GB RAM), and more dialog instances on other machine.

With the 64bit OS we are able to allocated bigger heaps -  customers increase the heap size of one java server node and usually, but not mandatory, add new server nodes only when resize of heap goes beyond 8 GB.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

If you install the same KW but with different stacks(such as one instance with Portal and one without Portal) then the services registered will clash and hence you will face issues in running install.bat. But if you install different KW instances, ideally there should not be any issues.

But I also came across a similar situation and I found out the following work-around for this.

1. Run uninstall_services.bat for unregistering the services of the old installation.

2. In this process, do not delete DB content so that you can run install.bat of that(old) instance and register the services later when required.

3. Run install.bat of the instance that you want to run so that the corresponding services will be registered.

This will help you if you do not want to run all the server instances at the same time. I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Every instance i installed are the same, still I can't get the last j2ee to work, it crashes at the end of the installation.

Maybe there is a limitation on the MS SQL Enterprise Server or the Java Engine?

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

Did you try the steps mentioned in my previous reply. Please let me know if the sequence helped you out.

As such, I do not know if there is any limitation on the engine or DB but with MaxDB I was able to install 4 instances and run them individually.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Yes I have tried this, with no luck...

All the services are running ok, it's in the sapmmc theh trouble is...

On the forth and fifth instance the j2ee won't run.

I'm thinking of just using three instead..?

Regards

Simon