cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify/enhance predelivered SAP content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ll;

we are using predelivered business content of SAP to run the SRM Szenario "Plan_Driven_Procurement_SupplierEnablement"

Now there is the request of the business to enhance/modify the imported solution by

transfering additional customer fields. => enhancements of idocs

How to achievie that.

Is there a possibilty to enhance the data types and message mappings delivered by SAP?

Is there the risk of version conflicts if SAP update the scenario?

I appreciate for your help.

Kind regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution:

1. Defining a dependency to SAP SWCV.

2. Data Type Enhancement in own SWCV

3. Change inherited Mapping in own SWCV

Thanks for all advices

Kind regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jochen,

>>Is there a possibilty to enhance the data types and message mappings delivered by SAP?

Dont do that. Create a dependency for the SRM SWCV to your version. You can edit the standard object in your custom SWCV under the tab Basis objects.

But before doing this check for the node "User Defined Extension" in the Message type. You can use this node to create your own fields in the mapping.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai;

thanks for your reply.

I´ve already thought it´s not a good idea to change the SAP objects.

Could you please explain in detail how to solve this issue? Is there a HowTo relating this topic?

thanks again.

Kind regards

Jochen

P.S. I had a look at one mapping and the according message type, there is no node "User Defined Extension"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dont have an How to on this. Atleast none that I am aware of.

If you can give the name if the Message Interface and the namespace details, I can have a look into my system and see if I can help you any better.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

As you mentioned creating dependency to the Standard content is a good recommended practice.

But the ABAP Proxies (pre delivered code in the Application system) for the Interfaces created in the Application system would be of the standard namespace and SWCV. Any thoughts on this.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Yes. You are correct. In our case, we did the same thing in our previous implementation. In th inbound proxy, a standard RFC (usually) is called. We cloned it to a ZRFC and made changes to accomodate the changed structure in IR. We did this coz, the standard data types were used in many strucutres in IR.

I am not sure if there is a more elegant way of handling this.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Thanks for the Info.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys;

my issue is still open.

I already created a customer software component version and defined a dependency between the SAP SWCV and mine.

The SAP objects are now shown under Basic Objects.

further I created a data type enhancement. The new field is also shown in message mapping.

No I want to fill the new field.

But I´m not sure how to do this step.

If I open the message mapping an edit, a warning is shown that a modify a SAP Object.

what is the proper way to fill the new fields of the data type enhancement using the message mapping.

I hope anybody could help me with that.

thanks in advance

Kind regards

Jochen