cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding roles in VC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have doubt regarding VC roles.other than VC role what r the roles that should me assigned to developer in order to develp front end screens(should super admin role should be assigend to him, if that is the case then their is a chance that

developer may edit any thing).

my questin is other than VC role should any other role should be assigned to developer.

Thanks&Regards

kishore.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

For developer this role is sufficient

Visual Composer –> pcd:portal_content/com.sap.gm.cnt/core/VCRole

Refer this block:

/people/ashutosh.rastogi/blog/2006/11/25/setting-up-roles-for-caf-gp-and-visual-composer

Regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Parth one thing if only VC role is assigned to developer we are unable to perform user mapping with back end system.if and only if super_admin role is assigned to developer then only user mapping is possible, then if this is the the case developer can access or edit any thing then where is the security..

Thanks& Advance

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kishore,

For that please assign eu_role to the user ..

Core User Role –> pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_core_role

let me know if u still face the same problem..

regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Panth

even though i assign vc role, eu_core_role to my user iam unable to do user mapping with back end system.along with vc role and eu_core role if iadd super_admin role then ony i can perform user mapping with back end system.plz panth help me out of this problem.

thanks

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Please try giving com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.superuser role and let me know if it helps.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

Its Parth not Panth.. never mind???

Clarify me one thing... In VC you able to see the system you have created in Portal... if yes then you can login into portal go to User Management->Identify Management->select the User->modify--> select option (User mapping for system Access) then select the system and provide User name and password for that system. ( but for this keep in mind that for system you have created in system configuration give permission to user read/write and Enduser checked and also ensure that Connection test are successful).

If you still have the problem.. please come back.

regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi parth,

iam unable to see system object that i created under system administration, how can i see system object with out user mapping with system access.when ever i assign eu_core_role,vcrole and when i click on modify, back end user id and password are inactive mode.if i assign super_admin role to user then only the back end system id and password are active, if that is the case where is the security.please parth let me know this.

Thanks

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ram,

what i can think of is that... while giving permission to the user for the system you have given read option not read/write... So try by giving Read/write option....

regards

parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi parth,

i gave only read only permission to that user even though i could not find sysstem alias in vc.

can u please explain me in details what to do inorder to connect to backend system from VC and one more thing what to do to get system alias that is created in sys admin in to VC. please dont mind parth if i trouble u.

Thanks

KISHORE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the [Wiki|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/roles+needed& for further information.

Best Regards,

Marcel]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do one thing go to System Admin role:

portal content->portal administrator->System Administrator->System Admin(Role) open it -> go to permissions-> add role VCRole to it .. Save it.

Now assigne System Admin role to the user.. it will display systems in the VC.

Regards

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi parth,

atlast i got system object in vc by assigning system administrator role to usr thanxs alot

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats gr8....Please close the thread ....Points will be welcomed...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

good!!

In SDN giving Points is a way of saying Thanks!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you create the system which i suppose you done correctly else refer to this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6068] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

The roles which are mentioned above are correct.

Also user mapping is only required when type of authentication

is set as uid pwd.

If sap logon ticket is selected then the user logged in the portal should have an account in your backend system.

Hpe it helps..

Regards,

Nikhil

Award points if helpful