cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication of lookup table values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to sybdicate lookup table values when we are using R/3 as the remote system. I am not getting lookup table values like Plant,MRP type .

regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

While Syndicating Lookup Table values you have to make sure the current table is your Lookup Table and you create an appropriate map.

Example: If you want to syndicate the value from look up table Countries then in the top left pane countries should be your look up table and then create an appropriate map.

Also in order to syndicate the remote keys for lookup records you have to map Value node under Remote Key on source side to Remote Key field of destination side. Along with this in Map Properties tab you have to set the property output remote system as R/3.

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pramod,

Can you tell me any method to create XSD file(if any procedure).

To create XSD file:

follow the link for the article, in this you will find step-by-step procedure.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7...

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still facing a problem. When I use the name of a plant which is defined only in MDM then I am not able to see WERKS field(E1MARCM).

Pl guide me.

<VSPVB>/</VSPVB>

<DPLFS>/</DPLFS>

<DPLPU>/</DPLPU>

<DPLHO>/</DPLHO>

<MINLS>/</MINLS>

<MAXLS>/</MAXLS>

<FIXLS>/</FIXLS>

<LTINC>/</LTINC>

<COMPL>/</COMPL>

<CONVT>/</CONVT>

<SHPRO>/</SHPRO>

<KZPSP>/</KZPSP>

<OCMPF>/</OCMPF>

<AHDIS>/</AHDIS>

<EISLO>0</EISLO>

<NCOST>/</NCOST>

<MEGRU>/</MEGRU>

<ROTATION_DATE>/</ROTATION_DATE>

<UCHKZ>/</UCHKZ>

<UCMAT>/</UCMAT>

</E1MARCM> </E1MARAM>

</IDOC>

</MATMAS05>

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parmod,

I think you are using an Idoc structure on target side in syndicator. and you are asking that i have a field WERKS in source structure but not in Target(E1MARCM).

So for that you have extend the idoc in R3 system and have to add segments and fields which you want in target, by using tcodes: we30, we31, and we82 and take new xsd of it. use xsd in syndicator.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Can you give your Contact No, so that I can get to know what should be done ?

It is very urgent.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I read the PDF file what you had mentioned. In the file they have mentioned syndicating of flat files.

Pl tell me how to syndicate lookup table data.

in the article, it shows how to syndicate qualified lookup table data(subrecords of a qualified table).

if you want to syndicate in XML format, you need XSD file.

first create the XSD file, syndicate lookup fields as normal fields by mapping source fields to destination fields.

hope this may hlep you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your quick response.

Can you tell me any method to create XSD file(if any procedure).

My concern is when we define for example Plant in SAP we give details of plant, but in MDM we are not defining anything when a new plant is created.

Is it possible to create a new plant in MDM & syndicate it to SAP?

Pl through some light.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How to sybdicate lookup table values when we are using R/3 as the remote system. I am not getting lookup table values like Plant,MRP type .

you can syndicate look up table values as normal fields.

1. You can select the lookup table as the source table. what the fileds you want to syndicate in that table, you map to destination fields and then syndicate.

if you have XSD file ok, if no you have to create the destination fields.

follow this article: how to syndicate qualified table data( this is qualified look up table)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/301494b6-4bbe-2a10-8a8b-ae45dc34...

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I read the PDF file what you had mentioned. In the file they have mentioned syndicating of flat files.

Pl tell me how to syndicate lookup table data.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pramod

Syndication of lookup table fields in R/3:

ensure that all fields are mapped to destination side.If fields need to be defined do that.

Check in destination preview if the value is coming for that record against that field. If field is not appearing then check the mapping.

Also the data model should be in synch with R3 data structure.

regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parmod,

In syndication manager you get all the fields along with lookup table while exporting main table record, If you want to syndicate any lookup table fields.

1. create all fields in destination tab you want to syndicate and map individually all fields of lookups.

But make sure R3 also have that kind of table to store data which you syndicate.

See destination preview.

BR,

Alok