Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am planning to carry out Single Sign On . IS anybody having step by step configuration guide or related document.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certificate-based single sign-on via SNC/SSL is another technology option that addresses your requirements, and it can be implemented across the SAP landscape with very low effort. You can find information about the configuration steps on the SAP side, when you search for "SNC, SSO" in the SAP Help Documentation. There are also a number of related SAP Notes. On the client side, the installation / configuration steps depend on the specific technology you decide to use - you can find a selection of vendors in the SAP Software Solution Partner Catalog.

The complete list of implementation steps / decisions to take also depends on what other requirements besides pure SSO you will try to address in the project, e.g. specific security requirements (authentication strength, enryption strength, digital signatures as optional functionality), user administration requirements, performance and high availability requirements, etc.

Peter

10 REPLIES 10

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vitthal,

Can you provide more details please ? Are you looking to implement Single SignOn for SAP users using SAP GUI, or Web Browser, or both ? Any more details and information on versions and operating systems used are useful and then I can explain the way forward.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

Thanks for quick reply.

I want to implement Single Sign On for SAP Users for SAP GUI as well as WEB Browser.

<removed_by_moderator>

Thanks once again

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 12, 2008 4:37 PM

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vitthal,

Thankyou for providing your email address. If I were to send you info via your email address then others who read this thread in the future who have similar/same requriements as you would not be able to benefit. I therefore prefer to use this forum to help you. I hope this is ok ?

It is very important that you provide me with details of the operaitng systems used. If you are using SAP on Windows Server and Windows Workstations and users at workstation are logging onto an Active Directory domain, then you can do what you need using software from SAP. However, if you are running SAP on UNIX or Linux you would need to use software which is provided by a SAP partner.

Thankyou,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

We are going to use Windos 2003 Server and Combination of Win2003 and XP for workstations. and Users are not going to log in into Active Directory.

Thanks

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, if you are not using Active Directory to logon to Windows workstations, what are you logging onto ? Are you using Novell eDirectory instead ? This is very important to understand since you need an authentication server to implement SSO and most companies are using AD when they have Windows workstations.

Thanks,

TIm

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again !

If you were using Active Directory as a Windows domain controller, and you want SSO for SAP GUI and Web logon to SAP applications then you need to follow the instructions in SAP Note 595341 for the SAP GUI solution, and use the SAP SPNEGO loging module for Web access to SAP apps.

Thanks,

Tim

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hello again !

>

> If you were using Active Directory as a Windows domain controller, and you want SSO for SAP GUI and Web logon to SAP applications then you need to follow the instructions in SAP Note 595341 for the SAP GUI solution, and use the SAP SPNEGO loging module for Web access to SAP apps.

>

> Thanks,

> Tim

That's true - but I would have recommended a differerent SAP note ...

Regarding SNC (for SAPGUI and ABAP backends running on Windows): see [SAP Note 352295|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/352295]

Regarding SPNEGO (for WebBrowser and NetWeaver Application Server Java):see [SAP Note 994791|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/994791]

Cheers, Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certificate-based single sign-on via SNC/SSL is another technology option that addresses your requirements, and it can be implemented across the SAP landscape with very low effort. You can find information about the configuration steps on the SAP side, when you search for "SNC, SSO" in the SAP Help Documentation. There are also a number of related SAP Notes. On the client side, the installation / configuration steps depend on the specific technology you decide to use - you can find a selection of vendors in the SAP Software Solution Partner Catalog.

The complete list of implementation steps / decisions to take also depends on what other requirements besides pure SSO you will try to address in the project, e.g. specific security requirements (authentication strength, enryption strength, digital signatures as optional functionality), user administration requirements, performance and high availability requirements, etc.

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and I was wondering where I can get SAP notes?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hello,

You should open a new thread if you have a question and not "hijack" somebody elses thread. Anyway, you can get SAP notes from http://service.sap.com/notes

Thanks,

Tim