cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different UoM for Condition Type in Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have query My client does the Sales of Material in different UoM & also charges for Packing with Different UoM.

Is it possible to maintian differnt UoM. For eg If I sale 1 qty for Rs. 100 I want ot charge for Packing Boxes which we will be 2 Qty of Rs. 50 Each i,e the Total Should be Rs.100 + 100 (100 x 2).

During Pricing I get the Price of Box dependent on the Sales Quantiy i.e 1 Pc. Can anyone guide me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With regards to inventory management, some features in SAP Mobile Direct Store Delivery (MDSD) are the same as in the backend system whereas others are different.

Inventory mgt supports multiple units of measure (UoMs). Sales representatives can choose to change UoMs when processing deliveries and orders.

Higher-than-base UoMs

If transactions are entered in UoMs that are higher than the base UoM, the quantities are converted to base UoMs.

Sub-base units of measure

Sub-base UoMs are a feature that is specific to Direct Store Delivery. A sub-base UoM is defined as a UoM that is a fraction of the base UoM.

Sub-base UoMs correspond to fractional quantities that are used in other SAP applications. However, instead of 1 bottle being represented as 0.04167 cases, MDSD uses sub-base UoMs. Materials can have 0 or 1 sub-base UoMs.

The base UoM for a 12-pack of beer bottles is the “case”. Sales representatives typically perform transactions involving whole cases. However, there are occasions when individual bottles are delivered.

On-truck stock

The mobile application has balances of on-truck stock levels at all times. The initial stock level is created from the confirmed check-out quantities. When check-in is performed, the current stock levels are used as planned check-in quantities.

Quantities are automatically updated when deliveries are confirmed or cancelled. Outbound deliveries subtract stock, whereas returns add stock. On-truck quantities are also updated immediately with inventory adjustments.

Quantities are tracked using a combination of material, unit of measure, and stock type. If a material has a sub-base UoM, separate inventory records are maintained for the base and the sub-base UoMs.

There are two types of stock: normal stock and damaged/blocked stock. All checked-out stock is assumed to be of type “normal”. Materials that are returned can be posted to normal or to damaged stock.

Empties

Untied empties are treated as individual materials and, consequently, from an inventory management perspective, are considered ordinary materials. Tied empties are not tracked in inventory management.

Check-out

Check-out is the process that confirms the stock that has been loaded onto the truck. The planned check-out balances are downloaded to the mobile device. The sales representative changes the actual quantities as needed, and then confirms any discrepancies. Usually, a supervisor validates the data.

Validation can be password-protected.

Check-in

Check-in is performed similarly to check-out. Planned check-in quantities are generated from on-truck stock quantities. The sales representative adjusts quantities as needed, and any discrepancies are validated.

Inventory adjustments

Between check-out and check-in, sales representative can make inventory adjustments. These adjustments are used to keep the on-truck stock inventory accurate. For example, if a case of beer is dropped and lost, it needs to be deducted from inventory so that the application does not treat it as available for sale.

Sales representatives is accountable for all adjustments. From both a business and a technical perspective, inventory adjustments are adjustments to checked-out and checked-in quantities. Inventory adjustments result in additional check-in/check-out items on separate adjustment check-out/check-in headers. Negative adjustments mean that a sales representative has checked in less than planned and positive adjustments mean that he has checked out more than planned.

regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahindra,

Maintain the sales unit of measure as BOX for ur material and maintain the price master for UOM box not as EACH.

I hope ur problem solved

Reward Points if useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul