cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO and Single Sign On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please could someone explain how I can get my windows application to connect via single sign on. Currently the application gets the necessary connection string from the SAPLOGON.INI file (via the SAPLogonDestination) and attempts a connection after requesting client, username, password and language. Someone would like to use this application in their work environment (single sign on via Microsoft NTLM) and I wanted to know what needs to be done to implement this.

Thanks,

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is quite a bit of information available in the NCo 2.x documentation (available in the VS online help): There is a whole chapter about SSO.

Here are the steps in short:

- You need a so-called GSS-provider that is install on both sides, client and SAP-Server.

- For Windows the easiest solution is to use GSSNTLM or GSSKERB5 (for NTLM or Active Directory based SSO).

- You need to configure the the provider on server side with some profile paramters and at the client side with some environment variables. OSS note 595341 contains the W2K-GSS-Provider as an MSI-Package that automatically sets the variables on client side.

- Make sure that SSO works with SAPGUI.

- Now you can use SSO also from NCo, by removing the password from the connection string and adding SSOPartnerName.

Answers (0)