cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank value in the drop down box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a dropdown box which gets the data from R/3.Data is coming correctly in the dropdownbox. Now i want to show blank line in the drop down box when it appears on the screen, as of now it appears with some data. Data should appear only when user click the dropdown button. Pls suggest.

Regds,

Anup.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I guess you are using DropdownbyIndex UI element. For this, Set your value node's cardinality to 0..N. So, it will display one blank line also.

If you are using Dropdownbykey then add one element with blank value.

You have many threads as open. Make habit to close other threads after resolving your problem. So, it will helpful for others also. Also, award points for helpful answers.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not correct. The blank entry stands for "nothing selected", so you must set the <b>selection </b>cardinality to 0:1 instead of 1:1 to get a "nothing selected" entry.

(assuming ByIndex data binding)

Armin

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavik,

Thanks for ur reply..

Yes i'm using DropdownbyIndex UI element. i have set 0:n cardinality also. It is displaying one blank line but i want to set it as default ofcourse the blank line is available in the list. i want blank line as default.

I'm closing all the open items which are resolved..thns for the suggestion..

Regds,

Anup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the lead selection to -1 by default.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

When you set this cardinality then by default blank line appears in the dropdown if you have not alter its leadselection in your code.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

wdContext.current<node>element().set<Property>("");

May be this would work.

regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Noufal,

wdContext.current<node>element().set<Property>("");

This is not available, Pl. sugest some other solution.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the node that you have bound to the dropdown would have one of your data as the current element. add another element with say " " and set it as the current node element.

regards

vln