cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of MDM 5,.5 SP06 on DB2 contra SQL2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am very new to SAP only worked 3 months a SAP Basis (still learning a lot of new great stuff). So please be specific in your answers 🐵

Q1: We are mostly using iSeries – os/400 with DB2 databases and off course in some cases windows (x64) with a sql2005. As I read the installation guide and requirements on SAP market place MBM has to be installed on a windows box but the database could be an DB2 on os/400.

Is there anybody out there with experience with this scenario or would you recommend that I use sql2005. (if you recommend DB2 what is the process I cant find DB2 install her : Installation & Implementation Documentation Center https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004121872006E#q2 )

Q2: Regarding Monitored shipment (note : 1072842) dos anybody know when SP06 will be released for “normal” download.

P.S This is my first Q in forum so if a have to give points you might want to guide my a little.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM 5.5 SP05 patch 1 and later and MDM 5.5 SP06 support connecting MDM running on Windows 2003 Server on the x64 architecture to 64-bit DB2 for i5/OS V5R4 and V5R3.

For more detail, please see the OS/DB Product Availability Matrix for SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5.

MDM 5.5 is not available on i5/OS at all.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

klaus_lindegaard
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Stine,

Correct me if wrong, but I think it can now with SP06 be installed on iSeries.

Best regards

Klaus Lindegaard

Rockwool International A/S

Manager RockBis Operations

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stig,

As I see the best configuration for you will be MDM and a parent DB2 in different lpar's on one IBM box. I don't understand why you are writing that "MBM has to be installed on a windows box", it can be installed on AIX or pLinux as well.

Regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev

My only options are iSeries or Windows we do NOT use Unix or Linux, sorry about the misspell MBM should off course be MDM.

Stig