cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the usage of field 'plant'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the plant when creating S/O is determined in order from ship-to, material master data regardless of ship-to and customer-material master data.

who can tell me the purpose of field 'plant' in customer master data(ship-to) and customer-material master data?

In addition, the same problem is Shipping Condition in customer master data(ship-to).

tks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Useage and determination of Plant and shipping condition.

Delivering Plant (Own or External)

Plant from which the goods should be delivered to the customer.

Use

This plant is automatically copied into the sales order item as the default value.

Procedure

If there is no default value when you process the sales order item, enter a delivering plant.

The value proposed in the item is either

from the customer master record of the goods recipient, or

from the material master record

The system checks whether it can propose a value (and for your own plants, whether the material has been created in the plant). If the system can propose a value, the plant is copied to the sales order item where you can change it as required.

Shipping Conditions

General shipping strategy for the delivery of goods from the vendor to the customer.

Use

You can define shipping conditions in your system which correspond to the requirements of your company. You can specify a shipping condition in the customer master and in the vendor master.

Shipping point determination (outbound delivery):

The loading group, the plant and the shipping condition determine the shipping point that will be proposed by the system.

Route determination (outbound delivery):

Apart from the country and the geographical region of the shipping point, the ship-to party and the transportation group, the shipping condition determines the route that the system proposes in the order for the delivery of the goods. In the delivery, the route proposal also takes the weight group into account.

Example

A particular customer always requires immediate delivery. You enter the appropriate shipping condition into the customer master record. This means that when you process orders for this customer, the system automatically proposes the express mail room as a shipping point and the quickest way to the airport as a route.

Procedure

If a shipping condition has been assigned to a sales document type in Customizing, this condition will be proposed by the system in the corresponding sales document. If there is no assignment, the system copies the relevant data from the corresponding customer master record of the sold-to party. You cannot change this value during delivery processing. The shipping condition will not be copied from the delivery into the shipment. The shipping condition is one of several criteria for selecting deliveries when you create a shipment. You can enter a shipping condition manually in the shipment where it only serves as a characteristic for grouping shipments.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Sasikanth.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a rule, Priority for determining plant is as under:

1. Customer Material Info Record

2. Customer Master Data

3. Material Master Data

It is possible that some enhancement is active, that may be the reason that it is determined in order from ship-to, material master data regardless of ship-to and customer-material master data.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Rajesh Banka,

But I haven't create any enhancement since the creation of my IDES.

Can you tell me some enhancements' name according to your idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be i will just try to answer ...

the precedence of determining the delivering plant or shipping conditions is

CMIR > CMR > MMR.

regards

sadhu kishore

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Huanzhiyu

This is where you would maintain delivering plant for that customer. any sales order for that customer would be delivered from the plant maintain.

Hope this clarifies your doubt

Regards