cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Replication from R3 to SRM <URGENT>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to replicate the PR from R3 to SRM but not able to do so. On checking SLG1 in SRM, it gives a msg that "The system could not determine the "Ordering Party".

Pls advise what could be a possible reason for this.

Best Regards

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

It looks like most of the settings you made in R/3 are fine since its coming to EPRTRANS table.

Check the channel settings in SRM and also check whether the correct RFC user is assigned to the channel or not.

Also ensure the channel is created at Plant level under company code and not at the company code level.

Sometimes this setting also gives this kind of error.

And ensure the channel is assigned in the responsibility tab of the concerned P.Group.

Hope this will make you more clear and helps in resolving your issue.Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

The Org structure is like this : - Co. Code > Node External R3 Requirement > Local Pur Grp > RFC User.

And Ext R3 Req is assigned in the responsibility tab of the P Grp which is there in the R3 PR.

But still it doesnt work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

The Org Structure should look like this...

-

> Root Org

-

> Company code

-

> Plant

-

> P.Org

-

> P.Group

-

> Channel

Assign RFC user to the channel not to the P.Group and assign the channel in the responsibility tab of the P.Group.

And create the channel at plant level.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Clarifictaions are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

Where do we create Plant as a separate node in Org Structure. Its

Root

Co. Code

P org

P Grp

Channel is created at the level of P Org under the Co. Code. & Plant are captured as Locations in the Extended Attributes of Co. Code. As in fucntions we dont have any option of Plant. Its either the Co. Code , P Org or P Grp.

Looks like theres a gap in my understanding. Pls guide me on this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Even your Org. Structure is correct. You can create plant as dummy Org unit under company code.

The only issue is assign RFC user to the channel and not to the P.Group.And assign channel id to the Responsibility tab of the concerned P.Group (back end P.Group) not the local one.

Do let us know the outcome after these modifications.

Rgds,

Teja

Edited by: Rama Krishna Teja Cherukupalli on Feb 12, 2008 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

Made some correction in the Org Structure as suggested, it worked, PR is replicated now but the shooping cart created is not available for sourcing. Checked in BBP_PD the Sourcing_Rel_Ind is "Blank".

Infact this PR got replicated earlier too but the said indicator was blank. I made changes to Souring Settings in SPRO adding particular Product Categories in addtion to * & making them relevant for souricng.

I was trying to re-replicate this PR hoping it will overwrite the data already available in SRM but theres no change. The indicator is still Blank.

What can we do for this ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Good that the P.R is getting replicated now.

Please check and ensure the following settings :

1. Ensure the correct product category is mainatined in the Sourcing settings of SPRO and make the setting as Always Carry out sourcing.Don't use ' * ' for the Product category.

2. Check and ensure the maintenance of same product category in the extended attributes of the P.group.

3. Please ensure the channel is maintained in the backend P.Group and not the local one.

4. Also understand that once the P.R is in EPRTRANS table it should not allow you to create a P.O in backend and once the P.R is replicated to SRM then it should not exist in EPRTRANS table and you can not rereplicate the same P.R

Hope this will make you more clear and once you ensure these basic settings your issue will get resolved.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

Maintained the Product Categories, as required. Now what do i do with this PR. Its already replicated once & theres a corresponding shopping cart which I can see in BBP_PD.

If I make some changes in backend PR, it will be avilable again in EPRTRANS which means I can replicate it again BUT will it overwrtie the data already available. Will it make sourcing relevant ?

Pls suggest.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If the SC is already replicate dnad not in the Sourcing cockpit it would have created a P.O in held status.

Check for the held P.O using Process Purchase orders link.

Try and create a new P.R with the same product category and run the cycle again to check whether everything is working fine or not.

I don't think it will overwrite the already replicated P.R.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

I am trying to make a Bid Invitation out of this PR. I have replicated it again & if i see in the front end in the monitor, I can see this shopping cart with Local Error (Error Creating Follow on document).

I try to search this SC in the Carry Out Sourcing for creation of a Bid Inv, it doesnt appear there.

I am required to process this SC to create a Bid Invitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Its really difficult to tell why you are getting this error with the information given by you.

Please run the cycle again afresh and check whether everything is happening as per the settings.

Don't rereplicate the shopping cart which was already transferred and run the cycle. In this case its really difficult to tell why the error is coming.

Please create a new P.R in the back end R/3 and replicate it to SRM and complete the cycle.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

I am working on a Production System but still I have made a dummy PR & replicated it to SRM. It is appearing in the front end under the monitor under the Local Errors. I am able to see the SC with all the details of R3 PR but not able to create a Bid Invitation for this.

The PR is account assigned & has A (Asset). I have maintained the Asset Class in the Attributes. Anything else which is required to be checked in case of PR with A/c Ass as Asset.

Pls advise.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I don't think any other extra setting is required for account assignment PRs whether it is Asset, cost centre, WBS etc.

Check whether you have assigned the correct G/L account to the asset and the same asset number is maintained in the attributes.

Its really difficult to tell why this issue is coming in your case until and unless i can replicate the same error in my system.

I suggest, the best way of trouble shooting is check whether the free text P.R (W/o any material) created with account assignment as asset is getting transferred to SRM or not.

Ensure the correct material group / product category is mainatiend in the sourcing as "Sourcing always carried out".

This exercise will definitely give you a better picture about the problem and helps in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the outcome after this exercise.

Rgds,

Teja