cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro & MCV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I understood the Model Controller View Pattern in web-based applications works that way:

The user calles an URL which executes a controller. The controller uses the model and the user input to gather some data. Then the controller determines which view it has to render...

How can I do it in Webdynpros this way? Can I have a controller which determines which view I want to use?

Then, how should one organize an application? Should I put the whole app in one component, or should I create one component for every 'site' that the user sees? (i.e. A search site with two views, one for entering the search request and one for showing the result)

And where should I put the 'relevant controller code'? In the component controller or in the view controllers? (remember, 'naturally' I would create only one controller for a set of related views)

Bye

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

From what I understand:

>> Can I have a controller which determines which view I want to use?

when you start with the Web Dynpro project, you create a component and at that time you also create a window and the default view which would be the start point (when your application gets loaded)

>>how should one organize an application?

It depends upon your project requirements - for e.g. The search view, if you are going to reuse it, it would be better to make a WD DC.

It is better to go throught this link for

Designing Web Dynpro Applications

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b1/d1e4f7c633fb47ac8b115087d5f2b6/frameset.htm

if the above link takes you to wrong title being Example: Using a Foreign Web Dynpro Component

If you scroll up you find the topic that I mentioned above.

Cheers,

Dharmi