cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service with party and service without party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any body please suggest me when do we choose service with party and service without party?

We have a scenario where i need to use the webservices provided by the third party Java Based system. i am sure that i need to define Business service as technical details of the system are not available in the SLD. Please do correct me as i am configuring this scenario for the first time.

Any links related to a Web Blog / Thread would be great.

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For u r first question..

partyes are used when u exchange the data between different parties,.B2B

Service with out parties means exchange the data between different systems in the parent organization. like A2A

for u r SLD connnections,

click technical system

click thrid party

give technical sys name,

and upload u r swcv.

and add

click busyness sys

click third party,

give some name,

upload u r technical sys

give related integration scenario name,

u r technical sys and busyness sys for soap is created...

Plz award max points...

thanq

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kulwant,

if u want more about party, look @ this blog by Shabarish.good one..!!

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

Thnqs

Biplab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Service with out party will be used when ever we are dealing with Application-Application Integration.Like this is With in the Organization level.

These interfaces have to configure in a normal way.

Party will be used , when ever we are dealing with the Business to business Integration. Like this is Out side the Organization.

Some B2B Scenarios

/people/shailesh.mane/blog/2006/06/27/b2b-configuration-part-i--creating-an-integration-scenario

/people/shailesh.mane/blog/2006/06/29/b2b-configuration-part-ii--creating-the-configuration-using-the-automated-configuration-tool

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

A communication party (party for short) represents a larger unit, which is involved in a collaborative process. Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a cross-company process.That means we use party only when we r using B2B communcation.for example communication of two diffrent organization who r having different landscape.

see this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/104bb1fbab254c8644877c7f856bbf/content.htm

for ur scenario...its not a B2B scenario.....u need not use party...but yes u have to use Business service

Thanx

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1.we go for service without party when we are having A2A communication.

A2A means application to application communication, it is used when two systems in same landscape try to communicate with each other. Systems in same landscape means both the systems are belongs to same organization or a company.

Normally in A2A communication sender and receiver is inside one organization and developer have freedom to define communication rules .

refers to link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/66/58934257a5c96ae10000000a155106/content.htm

2.we go for service withparty when we are having B2B communication

B2B means Business to Business communication .It is used when there is exchange of information between two different Parties or companies or landscape.

When two applications in different companies communicates with each other we call it B2B Communication.

in case of B2B every party has it own rules which must be followed if we want to communicate between different organization.

refers to link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/ca/efb540efe68631e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

rewardspoints if helpful

BR

Kasturika

Edited by: Kasturika Phukan on Feb 12, 2008 6:06 AM