cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRIVE FULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

We already have one R/3 Development Server , In that server four Drives C,D,E,and F . E drive contains two folders oracle and usr . Oracle folder contains DEV and oradev . But now days we facing a big problem , that E drive become full quickly . For example if i delete some unwanted logs and get the free space of 1 gb in the E drive , With in half an hour the Drive become full .

Kindly give me solution for this .

Regards

selvan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi , what is the greatest directory ?

Antonio.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way to solve this will be by adding and extra disk and expanding the volume.

You can clean the archive logs as you mention earlier, you can also remove old files (*.old) from /usr/sap/<sid>/<instance>/work and remove traces... also you can remove support packs that are already loaded from /usr/sap/trans/eps/in, old kernels, etc, etc...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinkle ,

In our archive logs configured in F Drive only , So that is not a problem i think . In our Oracle folder contains in E drive Dev and Oradev .

Dev folder contains saptrace , bin , origlogC , origlogD, origlogE, origlogF, origlogA, origlogB, saparch, sapbackup, sapreorg, sapcheck

selvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked saparch folder?

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvan,

This could be archive log generating very fast. This you can verify by looking at archive folder under E:\oracle\DEV. Delete/move archive files to other location.

Then try to figure out what is causing these logs to write frequently by using SM50 or DB02.

-Pinkle