cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Portal - Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

We are implementing the Supplier Portal on EP 7.0 (Business Package for Supplier Collaboration 2.0). We are integrating this Portal with a number of backend systems sucs as ECC, BW, EBP, SUS etc. Currenlty within our scope initially, we are only integrating with the BW system. In view of this, we are enabling reporting from the Supplier Portal.

There is a SAP Document "Configuration Guide for Supplier Enablement Reporting". We have completed all the steps mentioned in this document but running into the following issues:

Issues:

1.) Unable to Configure the Trading Partner Directory from Portal to SRM, to bring up the list of companies for the self registration.

2.) Unable to pass the SOAP XML Messages from the Portal to the BW system

3.) Unable to create assignment of User ID to Business Partner ID in the BW Internal Table

4.) Unable to Perform Role Replication from Portal to BW

However, we are able to automatically create a USER ID in BW from a self registration in Portal, which is the only aspect which is working as per the document.

If anybody has any idea or can shed any light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Suitable Points to be rewarded.

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

revi_wiratman
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

We went to a similar route, but later abandon it when we found out that the documentation is not updated. We were told that SAP OSS will provide an updated documentation. However, we never receive this documentation. We also tried another standard implementation option to build supplier report in SUS (instead of supplier collaboration package). This seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, we also abandon this since approach when find out the built in user integration between SUS and BW does not work when BW is managed in Central User Administration (CUA).

Anyway, we finally built supplier reporting based on BW data from scratch. The followings are the key development items:

1. Build program to create user data in BW

2. Build table storing user - vendor relationship in BW

3. Build portal group that stores a link to BW template

4. Implement user exit in BW so the query result is limited to vendor specific data. This user exit uses the table built in point 2.

Hope this helps. Award point if you find it useful.

Thanks, Revi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revi,

Appreciate you response !! The following issues below have been solved

1.) Unable to Configure the Trading Partner Directory from Portal to SRM, to bring up the list of companies for the self registration. - Solved

2.) Unable to pass the SOAP XML Messages from the Portal to the BW system - Solved

3.) Unable to create assignment of User ID to Business Partner ID in the BW Internal Table - *Solved

4.) Unable to Perform Role Replication from Portal to BW - Solved

The new issue we are facing is that we are unable to populate the Data Source SRM_SUPO_AUTH_1 table SRM_SUPO_AUTH_T with values from SUS. The help documentation on the BI content talks about a Portal RFC FM that can update this table. However, we are unable to resolve that issue. As a workaround, we have manually populated this table to test the below step.

We are currently in the process of testing the entire "Generation of Authorization Profiles for a Supplier through a process chain"

I should be done prototyping by the end of this week, i will keep this forum posted on the updates.

I would really be greatfull and hghly obliged if you could send me any documentation that you have on your custom solution. Very few people have worked on this and it would be great if you can assist me.

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Email id, just in case you have docs on the custom solution you are refering

sundeep_ravande@yahoo.com

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revi,

We were able to resolve all issues and follow SAP Recommended approach.

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA? CAN SOMEBODY SHARE ANY EXPERIENCES?????