cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-Table Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a z-table containing only valid PM catalog code combinations. We need to use this table to ensure only valid code combinations are assigned on the MAM Device. the table contains around 500 records and they do not change frequently.

1. Which syncbo type is best used? (I would think generally T01)

2. How are updates (ebven though infrequent) triggered?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

because of the amount of data and the knowledge you have, I think T01 is the best BO in your case.

You need to develop a GETLIST and a GETDETAIL handler on the backend, to provide the informations. The GETLIST handler delivers the keys of the catalog (select * from ZCATALOG), then the GETDETAIL delivers the details for each and every key. I know you could handle tis in a GETLIST handler already, but MI expects GETLIST and GETDETAIL handlers in that way.

The delta handling is done by running the replicator frequently for the SyncBO. If you create the BO of type T01, run the replicator like you do it today for MAM016 SyncBO. It will get the data from the backend and compare it with the data on the middleware. If the middleware has different data then the backend, the data in the middleware will be updated and provided to the clients automatically with the next sync.

Hope you are still with me

If you need more informations on creation of T01 SyncBO, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx - Much appreciated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Once this Z-Table is on the Middleware (when I use a T01 SyncBo), how do I go about getting it on the front-end?

Once the z-syncbo is included in the XML file, the front-end knows which syncbo to request, but somehow the middleware seems to have no mechanism sending data that is not user dependent to a device, unless accompanied by a user-dependent syncbo which references the data.

Our objective is not to change any standard syncbo's where this 'link' is usually established.

Hope to hear from you (or anyone else) soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

???????

Necessary steps: You have added the BO to the descriptor? Ok!

Then you go MEREP_SBUILDER and download the MEREPMETA.XML file to your PC and copy it to the device. In the MI/WEBAPPS folder you see the folder of the app and in there - or even deeper in APP-ROOT you see the MEREPMETA.XML file. Rename that file on the device and copy your downloaded file to that location.

Restart the client and do a client reset (the reset button on the settings page).

Sync again and the information comes down.

No change of standard SyncBO neessary.

Well, now you can check the monitor and you should see that hte inormation comes down. Accessing this info on the device is then simple Java coding.

Hope this helps and solves your issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in similar situation where I need to a dd a new syncbo to the custom list of MAM syncbos.

What is the process for doing this.

I have created the new syncbo and enabled. How to Link it to MAM so it will download along with the rest of MAM syncbos.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

open MI_MCD, check for the MAM settings and add the created SyncBO to the listof MAM settings.

After you did that, download the MEREPMETA.XML file from MEREP_SBUILDER and add it to your MAM project. After you deployed the file to the MI client, do a client reset and with the next sync the data comes down.

Well, to acces to data on the device then is straight forward JAVA development.

Hope this helps to solve your issues.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Currently when I open up MAM, the standard MAM syncbos are not listed. So its ok if just add the extra custom syncbo or should I add the stardard MAM syncbos also.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because you download the list of SyncBOs (MEREPMETA.XML) based on these settings - you need to change the file o the device - it is necessary to add all SyncBOs to the Descriptor. If you ponly add a single BO and download this file to the device - you will only sync the single BO the next time you use the device after a client reset.

Regards,

Oliver