cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change item category after refernce billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Group,

I am running into a problem which i can not recall coming across before. I am creating a credit memo request in reference to a billing document. After the lines are copied into the sales document i would like to change the item category to a new item category, but i get the message V1321 "Item category is not defined for this item". The item category which i am trying to change to is a valid item category as configured in item category determination. I can even see it when i do F4.

Is this normal system response? Can this be changed?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THat is what i have configured. I did not put all the spaces in, sorry for the confussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

i replicated your issue in my DEV

this works:

CR/ NORM / / / G2N/ G2S

i changed item cat in sales order

please check your item cat ZG2N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have that complete also.

Basically setting is for CR / NORM / G2N / ZG2N

In the Credit Request i can also see when use F4 both item cat's are there as options, when i choose the other item cat which was not originally set, i get the message that this item cat is ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please set:

CR / NORM / / / G2N / ZG2N

try to leave HLevItCa and Usg. fields blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, but when I looked at the copy configuration all seems fine. The copy rules are set up to copy the reference item category into the target document. I have removed the Proposed item category and also tried it with both of my item categories i would like to switch between in the credit requrest.

any other suggestions?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

please run VOV4 and check your it. cat. group assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

run VTAF and check header and item levels for your source-target (bill type-order)

on item level make sure you have both item cats

check details for them