Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT / SOST 'Wait Time'

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring SCOT in my SCM 2007 sandbox and when I send test messages they sit in the 'waiting' status. Upon looking in SOST I see that I have all of the test messages I sent in the status of 'Dispatch time not yet reached.' All of the messages have a dispatch time of 6 hours after I created the message.

I see the option within SOST to change the 'wait time.' If I do this, the message will send.

How do I change the default to not wait 6 hours? Is this something new to the 700 kernel? I've not experienced this in any of our 640 systems before.

I checked that the system time matched the current time so I do not believe that is the problem.

Thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

we had same /simialr issue , same symptoms. Please check SAP-note 1015628.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ:

Please go ahead and apply the note mentioned in the previouse message.

Make sure that your Time Zone is correct through transaction STZAC

Also make sure that the user has been assigned the correct time zone as well.

That should solve your problem.

I believe that this bug was introduced as part of Basis 13 and was fixed as part of Basis 14.

Please do award points to the above person.

Take Care

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This problem is due to Time Zone only, set System and user's time zone same t.code STZAC.

The problem will be resolved.

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

We has this issue in our newly installed SCM 2007 system (SP14). Simply changing both System and User time zone setting to app server time zone in STZAC fixed the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI TJ:

We are experiencing the same problem in ECC and PI7 systems as well.

We send the email at 9:00AM, but it doesn't get released by SAP until a few hours later.

Were you able to find a solution for this?

Thanks!

Imran

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

no, we were unable to find a resolution for thi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI TJ:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I will go ahead and open a message with SAP for this. Maybe they will have a solution.

Thanks!

I'll keep you posted

Imran

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

It's not the sapconnect job that's the problem. It runs every 5 minutes and completes successfully. It doesn't send any messages because the messages haven't reached their dispatch time yet. If I manually kick off the process of sending emails they're not sent either. After their dispatch time is met, then the sapconnect job sends them without any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In SCOT please select the node and double click. Under supported address types choose Internet and press the button select. In the next screen look for transmission control and check if any restriction has been made. If so please undo it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Ruchit - thank you for the reply, but I've already checked in there as well, I just forgot to mention that. No restrictions there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Well this is weird. Can you please post the eact error message from SOST transaction. Also I guess since you are manually also not able to send the mails we can rule out any issue with the job.

Regards.

Ruchit.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no error, but if I look at the long test for the message's status in tcode SOST, the long text says:

Definition

A message was sent from the application. The application told the send interface that the message must not be sent before a specified time.

Use

The message is not currently recorded by the send process. Only when the send time specified by the application has been reached, will the send process send the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello TJ,

Just pass on the message number in the long text.

Regards.

Ruchit.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

MSG # - 672

Long Text - Will be sent after 02/12/2008 13:06:07

Definition

A message was sent from the application. The application told the send interface that the message must not be sent before a specified time.

Use

The message is not currently recorded by the send process. Only when the send time specified by the application has been reached, will the send process send the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilkinson ,

Yeah this would help you schedule the job "sapconnect all send" much frequently it would helpyou to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this might help. And I'm getting a feeling that you have already checked this before or may not be applicable to SCM, but its worth giving a try.

See if the job SAPCONNECT_ALL_SEND is running. If you increase the frequency of the job, the mails wont be stuck in wait state.