Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Performance issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have designed a BPM and it has the following flow steps as below

1. Receive - Receives the asynchronus message as a proxy request from SAP.

2. Transformation - converts the received message format to the target structure format.

3. Send (synchronus) - sends the transformed message synchronusly to a 3rd party system and receives the response back from the 3rd party system

4. Transformation - Converts the message back to the sap format

5 send - (Asynch)- sends the message asynchronusly back to SAP system using the reverse proxy.

The total time is around 7 sec, is there anyway i can reduce the process time, as in real time the request invloves >1000 transactions in a single request.

any help would be really appreciated. 3rd step + 4th step is taking around 5 sec

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also externalize your first Transformation into the ID.

in the IR-BPM: you will have :

1. Receive

3. Send (synchronus)

4. Transformation

5 send - (Asynch)

and in ID, inside the Interface Determination add your Interface Mapping (corresponding to your step 2)

That means in the IR, you just need to define a new interface mapping which use outbound interface (coz yours use Abstract interfaces),

it's not a big change, but you will win a few time... coz BPM is slow, and especially for transformation (mappping).

it's just a "astuce", and that's all.

Note: it's easy to compare the time of your solution and mine.

Mickael

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the 2nd transformation doesn't use input from the 1st message, it can also be externalized.

You could have, in the best case, only one interface mapping, containing both message mappings you had inside the bpm, one to transform sap message into sync request message (request tab in interface mapping), and the other transforming the sync response message into the sap response message (response tab in interface mapping).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

I have externalised the initial Transformation step and the process time has reduced from 7 sec to 5 sec.

Thanks for the suggestion and is there any way i can also externalize the second transformation also from the BPM as suggested by Henrique

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I have externalised the 2 mapping steps and i did only one interface mapping taking care of req and response mappings and the process time is now just 2sec.

Thanks for the support and guidance of all.

Thanks,

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Performance behavior of BPM scenarios is determined by the actual process model and the number of executed process instances of a process.

The following are the determining factors for a particular process:

• Number of messages received by a process (influenced by use of correlations)

• Number of messages sent by a process

• Number of transformations within a process (influenced by processed message sizes)

In general, process steps that generate work items internally are relevant for process performance. Transformation steps (either for message split or merge) also include a mapping step and can be quite expensive. This should be taken into consideration during scenario design.

For an example of resource consumption, see the BPM scenario described in the XI sizing guide:

The inbound SOAP messages are handed over to the BPE, which triggers a two-step process consist-ing of message reception and sending. The processed messages are then sent to a receiver by using the SOAP channel; no mapping.

The SAPS value for this scenario, in which 10 kB messages are processed, is 1300 (processing one process instance each second). A simple XI proxy scenario, for example, requires 140 SAPS process-ing one message each second. This gives you an idea of the resource requirements using BPM.

Check out the TCode SXMB_MONI_BPE for performance and check out this link also /people/swen.conrad/blog/2006/12/22/xi-ccbpm-performance-under-perform-or-out-perform

Plz award points...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Thanks,

Srini

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srini,

Go to the link - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm and read under Resource consumption.

raj.