cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating alert type

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I create a new alert type in APO?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Closing old thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Please look at SAP Note 781319 - Creating a user-defined alert type

Best regards,

Carlos Rodríguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

From the note I see it seems creating a new alert type involves a BADI implementation and changing system tables virtually making it impossible or very difficult for a any body else except the SAP development team. Am I correct?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Quoting the note: "Since SAP expertise is required to implement a user-specific alert type (that is, to implement the relevant BadI), we recommend that you contact SAP development."

I think it is recommended but not absolutely necessary, just contact a Senior ABAP-Developer in order to get the desired result. It is supposed that working with BAdIs is more easy and simple than implementing User-Exits.

As a suggestion perform all your changes in your Development Client, and test, test, test!

I am sure that with a good developer and an exhaustive set of tests you'll get the desired result.

We have worked with BAdIs with excellent results, your experience should be similar. I think the note is quite well explained if you have enough knowledge/experience with function modules and BAdIs.

Best regards,

Carlos Rodríguez

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use txn /SAPAPO/ATYPES_DP to create new SDP Database Alert Types.

The Alert Type number should be 8* or 9*.

After creation of Alert Type you will have the laert in MacroBuilder and also Alert Monitor for Profile creation.

Somnath

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Feb 12, 2008 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath Manna,

I tried do follow this step but didn't help me.

I need to create a new alert, do you know if its possible to create in AMON1 or if its possible to change one standard alert?

Thank you,

Lucas