cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating LIS infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi could any one plse let me know how to configure LIS and creating new infrastructure in LIS

is there any materials that can guide me regarding that

pleases help me, as i got this question in the interview and couldnt answer it

regards

anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not sure wether you can create a new infostructure, but you can use an exisiting one.

You will have to configure say s915, which is not being used at at all. A very basic way to check is wether teh s915 has any specific data fields and update rules.

Now to configure the infostructure you will ave to setup the infostructure, by assigining the fields from different tables.

Then setup the update rules. These rules are have requirments and update rules. Requirements as usual check wether the specific field needs to be updated or not on the basis of specific criteria.

So the overall flow is

Define the infostructure

Create the update rules and requirements

Create the update group. Assign the update rules and the requirements.

Assign the update group on the basis of documents to the infostructure.

Let me know if you need more details.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

LIS is the backbone of the Business Data warehouse. Under the LIS you will have

Sales information system, Purchasing info system, shopfloor information system, Project information system etc.

The information structure comprises of

charateristics

key figures and

values.

Based on these two types of analyses are possible

Standard analyses and flexible analyses:

The transaction data from the transactions from the OLTP ( Online Transaction processing and are aggregated at the dta warehouse wherein information from external sources is also aggregated.

These are analysed using analysing tools at the Online analytic processing ( OLAP ).

The data from the OLTP flows into the data warehouse into Info structures which forms the basis of the data warehouse.

The standard and flexible analyses, early warning system which facilitates the search for weak points and exceptional situations

The Logistics Information Library, which enables you to easily access key figures in LIS by using simple search strategies and helps you to catalog key figures

Hope this information was useful. Please check out the LIS on the SAP website.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jude,

i know about the flexible analysis and standard analysis, key figures , early warning systems and

characteristics etc,

how ever how can you create new infrastructures and configure the LIS..