cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange : Do we need to define company codes in Org Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working on SRM 5.0. Users in the org strcutre will be purchasing for multiple comapnies. I didn't define any company code as org unit in Org structure, I just assigned company codes and locations as attributes to user. User is able to shop without any error.

Is this a standard behaviour that without defining company code as org unit in org structure, you can still shop against that comapny codes. Any drawbacks by doing this.

Regards,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ssihn the same in User attribute BUK as backend logical system/compnay code

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

My question is that can we shop against company code if it is not defined as org unit in Org structure? I am just assiging it as BUK attribute to user, and it is working for me.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please if anyone has knowledge on this.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that you have BUK maintained, but you do not have any org elements maintained with the IS_COMPANY flagged? And everything is working?

I am under the impression that there must be at least one org with the IS_COMPANY flagged. However you do not need to maintain the CCODE and LOGSYS in the function tab since this is how it is configured in the LOCAL/Standalone and Extended Classic scenarios (prior to SRM 5.0).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I was also thinking the same way, that company code should be defined as org element. But i am not sure how it is working. I didn't asssign company code to any org unit in "Function" tab for which i am creating shopping cart.

Regards,

Kamal

Answers (0)