cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc from R/3 - xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I send an idoc from R/3 to xMII the status of the idoc is Green - Successfully Sent, even if xMII does not receive it for some reason. Is there any config that needs to be done in R/3 where by if the Idoc was not successfully delivered to the xMII server the status can be set to Red.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

whic number is identificating IDOC status R3 side?

'cause I know there could be something like an ack message which should confirm to SAP, xMII idoc reception (forcing IDOC to status 12, "Dispatch OK").

However I worked with 11.5 some years ago, that's why I'm not able to give you some more detail.

Is there someone who was able to have IDOC status change R3 side using 12.1.8 ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Make sure you only have one listener listening for idocs. If two or more are setup, they will take turns grabbing the idocs.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

Yes. I have confirmed that.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just to verify this, you can goto transaction SMGW and select in the menu : Goto - Logged on clients

Lu Name - client machine

TP Name - will show progid

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

We are sending single idocs on xMII 11.5. Even if the Idoc Listener connection is stopped and I send an idoc from R/3, the status of the idoc in R/3 in green.

This is rather misleading, the idoc status should have been red.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

In the Status Monitor for IDOCS what is the status of the processes IDOC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

The idoc status in the monitor is successfully sent everytime. Some of the idocs reach the xMII server. But when the idoc does not reach the xMII layer even then the idoc status in the monitor is successfully sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the Status Text clearly says "IDoc Sent to SAP system or external program" & Data passed to port OK?

Is the text consistent accross the ones that you can see in xMII as well as the ones you can't?

You can find the status text on the monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. it consistently says, Sent. In your case if the idoc did not reach the xMII server for some reason then does the idoc monitor show the status as failed ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have done this in the past and never experienced this kind of a behavior.

I hope you are on the latest 11.5 version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sending out a bunch of IDOCs at a time or just a single?

In the past such a behavior was attributed to bandwidth issues, where while sending out a bunch of IDOCs , xMII used to recieve only a partial number even though the status in R/3 was green.

What version of xMII are you on?