cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal place problem in smartforms..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I my smart forms i am displaying a quantity filed, but itz displaying with 3 decimal places. But i need to hide the decimal places. I try to use formating option &symbol(.N)& but itz giving error while calling the smart forms.

Plz help me...

Regards,

Pavan.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put &symbol(.0)& and remember symbol should be quantity field.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

That is what i mentioned in my query, Statement which i have specified is &ITAB-ERFMG(13.0), but itz giving error while i am calling smart form.

Regards,

Pavan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

&symbol(.N)& is the correct way to surpress decimal places (assuming the variable is stored as a decimal).

It might help if you said what error you are getting.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

This is the error i m getting while calling the smart forms... *You used the formatting option "(.0)" for field "ITAB-ERFMG", which is invalid.*

Regards,

Pavan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And is ITAB-ERFMG type decimal? I assume so, and even if it isn't it doesn't display the error you're getting.

Also, is ITAB a table? If so should your text element not contain the work area of the table, rather than the table name itself?

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

My ITAB-ERFMG is an internal table with header line, so no need for work area and it is of type QUAN 13 with 3 decimal places...

Regards,

Pavan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've yet to find any SAP documentation or training material the recommends using the table's own header as the Smartforms work area. I have however found it causing unusual problems in the generated function module.

That said, I've tried reproducing your problem and have not been able to. You could try defining a work area and seeing if that helps.

Regards,

Nick