cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

when creating a Consignment in Va01 this error occurs. The error message 'No business area can be determined for item 000001 ' is displayed.

The scenario is

we have a DIVISION – AA. and is basically maintain the business area "AAAA" for that.

Now for the same division AA , sales Org 0582, other customers I want to have another Business Area BBBB.

Actually this BBBB is not maintained thro configuration.

Or thro coding we need to maintain the Business Area BBBB for those customers?

Ple sombody tell how it can be done using userexit.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to be clear why a usiness area is required. This is required for internal reporting. Most companies produce an internal balance sheet just like the way FI takes it out at the company code level.

This is done by defining Business areas as Profit centres.

Now Like sunil said Business areas can be defined at plant/Division or sales area.

If we choose Plant/Division then a product division will become the business area in which case all items or products in the product group will become the business area irrrespective of the sales areas. Then all the posting form all sales areas for those product group will be posted to the particular business area.

If we want another business area for the same division separately, then the best way would be to define them as sales areas . In this case the values from the same division can be posted to a different division if they belong to a sales area.

I hope I have put it in proper perspective.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek and Jude,

My doubt is

Sales org - ZZ11

Dist channel - ZZ

Division - Z1 & Y1

Business area - ZZY1

Plant - ZZA1

In business area account assignment configuraion are done as

ZZ11/ZZ/Z1 -

rule 3 (sales org,dist channel, item division)

ZZ11/ZZ/Y1 -

rule 1 (plant and division)

I have assigned sales area as well as plant & division to Business area

ZZ11/ZZ/Z1 --- ZZY1

ZZ11/Y1 --- ZZY1

Now in this case when user create sales order using sales area ZZ11/ZZ/Z1, how system consider business area?

Based on sales area or based on plant & division?

here we are getting error "No business area can be determined for item 000001"

I wonder how this error comes even if configuration is done.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question as shiv patil and pls help further even if I have read all of above explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

In the above reply from sunil, if you see, the Business area is determined based on the business area.

You can change the business area through the coding in user exits, you can define your own criteria for that in the user exit. But then thats not suggested.

This is because of primarliy 3 main reasons:

1) Doing hardcoding for 1 particular division or sales org is never suggested, you might have to hardcode the other divisions tomorrow.

2) SAP uses the standard criteria for Business Area determination in other documents. So if you change it in one place you will have to change it in other places like PO, STO and others. you might miss one or two document types then you might have serious problems. Its very risky.

3) Even if you change in all required places, then maintenance of such documents with respect to the Business area will become much more complex and tougher.

Infact you can create a virtual plant, do a customer assignment to these plants and use this plant in Business area determination.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

afaik, you have to assign the buisness area for that i.e in SPR0>S&DBUISNESS AREA DETERMINATION.

here u will find a couple of rules

1. buisness area can be determined according sales area

2.according to plant and division.

so assign the buisness area accordingly.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

Thanks for advice.

Howver i know this assignment. Question whihc I asked is different.

Thanks