SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-OIL RLM: Non-stock material outbound delivery / Offshore goods return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are working for an upstream oil client on their logistics support structure to their offshore platforms. Therefore I have some questions related to SAP IS-OIL RLM and its material movement processing.

1) Non stock items

Non stock materials are used for the scenarios where material are not held in stock and are purchased to the supplier to be consumed directly on the offshore platforms. PR's are created based on work-orders and materials delivered and goods received onshore prior to being sent offshore. I would like to know if it is possible to generate an outbound delivery for these materials in order to send them offshore, since there seems to be some trouble in processing the goods issue for non-stocks.

2) Goods return from offshore

Offshore locations do not store material stock, since materials are delivered based on purchase requisitions generated from work-orders. In some situations (excess quantity was requested, material is damaged, etc) the materials are returned to the onshore location. However it seems to be some issues in processing the goods return from offshore to onshore after the material has been used in the work-order, so I would like to know if it is possible to process RLM returns in this scenario.

Does anyone have some insights about this?

Any answers will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Bruno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I hope you found your answer by now.

I would like to comment since this is related with my job now

1. For this case, whenever you perform GR for non stock item that you ordered for offshore plant, system will automatically offer you to create outbound delivery to offshore plant, then the shipment process start.

2. It depend on your MRP type in offshore plant, if PD, it allows you to return the excess spare part offshore by first reverse the GI to Work Order (to get the actual cost updated), put it back to offshore store, then send it back to onshore using return process. But if your offshore plant setting is ND, that I believe you can't update the actual cost in WO, the return process is just text to record the return of spare part.

hope this help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I hope you found your answer by now.

I would like to comment since this is related with my job now

1. For this case, whenever you perform GR for non stock item that you ordered for offshore plant, system will automatically offer you to create outbound delivery to offshore plant, then the shipment process start.

2. It depend on your MRP type in offshore plant, if PD, it allows you to return the excess spare part offshore by first reverse the GI to Work Order (to get the actual cost updated), put it back to offshore store, then send it back to onshore using return process. But if your offshore plant setting is ND, that I believe you can't update the actual cost in WO, the return process is just text to record the return of spare part.

hope this help

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Hope you can help me on this. Is Material Code mandatory for SAP RLM. What is the RLM process for Non Stock Text Material

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

You can create a returns document for non stock item as well as text item.

Thanks,

Akash R M