cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in consumption of forecast for configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a issue in consumption of forecast by sales order for a configurable material.

Please find the below details for the settings maintained and the steps followed.

Please let me know how we can overcome this issue.

settings in R/3

1. Class and characterisitcs are created in R/3

2. standard material was created and class assigned

3. planning strategy used is 56

4. material, class, characteristics,ATP check, ATP customizing , sales order were integrated to APO

Settings in APO

1. CBF table, CBF profile, Consumption group were created in APO

2. Consumption group is attached to the product master

following steps were followed.

1. Forecast was created in DP for a certain characterstics ansd relaesed to SNP/PPDS

2. forcast is visible in product view

3. sales order was created in R/3

4. slaes order is visible in APO but it is not consuming the foreacast for the same set of characteristics.

Please let me know how we can overcome this..are we missing any customization ...?

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the planning strategy showing up in APO for the location product? I hope it is not blank.

So what is the category group that the planning strategy in APO is mapping to in "Specifies Requirements Strategies" setting in APO IMG ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thanks for your response.

The forecast consumption problem was solved after correcting the entries in requirement strategy.

have one more query.

when the sales order for a configurable material is transferred from R/3 to APO, we should be able to see the values under "descriptive characteristics tab" in APO product view.(when we click on the green triangle representing the configuration).

However, we could see the values under "descriptive characteristics tab" for some of the characterisitcs and not for other characteristics.

we tried comparing the characteristics but could not figure out the reason.

any pointers / clues to come over this issue would be helpful.

thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you releasing demand from DP to SNP, are you using MC90? This can be the reason for you being not able to see the descriptive characteristic.

It will be good if you can use Bacground job to release demand from DP to SNP and check if the problem is solved.

Before releasing using background job, delete all the demand numbers previously released.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjog.

I am not sure if your answer was with respect to forecast consumption or missing descriptive characterisitcs in sales order

we are able to see the forecast consumption but now we have another problem where we are not able to see the descriptive characteristics in APO product view.

thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My answer is for descriptive charachteristic as I have already mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjog.

But I am not able to understand the relationship between release of demand from DP to SNP with sales order.

we are able to view the descriptive characteristic values for the forecast when the same is released from DP to SNP.

However, when the sales order for the configurable material is transferred from R/3 to APO, we are not able to view the descriptive characteristc values for the sales order in APO product view.

please let us know..

Thanks

Ram

Answers (0)