Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow not getting triggered after Shopping Cart Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Mine is SRM 5.0 and is ECS.

After the Shopping cart getting rejected by the approver, the requester is able to change the shopping cart, but the workflow is not getting triggered again. Can anyone help me why is this so and if there are any settings to be done for the workflow getting triggered once again.

Points will be rewarded.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that depends on security level of the user > transaction SU01> tab personalization ---> key ---> BBP_WFL_SECURITY

consider the following values for the parameter

Not defined Initial setting: Authorization level on delivery.

No authorization

Changes to the document are not allowed while it is being approved.

Low

Changes can be made to the document. The approval workflow is restarted after every change.

Medium

Changes can be made to the document. After every change, the approval workflow either continues or is restarted.

The system evaluates the start conditions and restarts the workflow if a new approval is required as a result of the change. If this is not the case, the approval workflow continues.

High

Changes can be made to the document. The current approval process always continues. A new approval workflow is not started when the document is changed.

-

>

so wether the workflow should start (or) not depends on the security level of the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the Quick Reply.

My Requester is have the security level as Medium only. Is there any other reason the workflow is not getting triggered?

Thanks in Advance,

Mohit.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry , but RESTART in the case of security level MEDIUM is conditional.

I will explain you in detail.

1) after the requestor changes the cart , and if the system determines that another workflow needs to be started , then the new workflow will be triggered.

For example , shopping cart was created with single level approval , and then after change system determines that two level workflow should be started.

then only workflow will be triggered.

2) if the workflow remains the same.

For example , shopping cart was created with single level approval and then after change system determines that single level should be started.

then the workflow will not be triggered as there is no change between the first and second.

the same workflow will be continued.

Looks like Case 2 is valid for you.

Let me know if any doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I have tested it as said by you. I have created a shopping cart as for single level approval at first and then rejected it by the approver and then after rejection, i have went to the requesters id again and went to the "Check status" and then over there clicked the overview button and then the Change button and just changed the amount which will trigger the workflow from single level to 2 level and saved it.

But the workfloe did not trigger. Can you please help me in this.

Regards,

Mohit.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Can you please check out the following things

1) How many entries do you see in the transaction SWi6 for this newly created shopping cart

follow this

--> start transaction swi6

--> object type ---> enter BUS2121

--> click on 'Button' Enter Object Type

--> in the field --> enter Shopping cart number

--> Selection variant ---> All Intsances

---> F8

how many entries do you see?

2) is there any active implementation of BADI ---> BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI where in you are changing --> security level again??

3) what do you see in the approval preview of this newly created shopping cart ? one approver (or) two approvers??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I have checked SWI6 as said by you,

1) Over there the number of entries is only one, which when first created the shopping cart and was sent to approval and got rejected.

2) Over there the workflow process is showing till the process of rejection of the shopping cart and asking the requester to edit the shopping cart.

3) Not the concern BADI BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI we havent implemented so its not Active.

4) After changing the shopping cart and saving it the approval preview is still shows the same preview after the rejection. It dosent show the newely approval preview from single level approver to 2nd level approver.

Regards,

Mohit.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Looks like there is problem in your system ---> restart does not happen.

you can do the following things.

1) search for OSS notes with strings --> rejected , restart --> and see wether you can find something relevant

2) enquire with SAP

3) you can also debug ---> if you want to know the system behaviour

starting point is the FM

BBP_PDH_WFL_DB_IN_UPDATE_TASK ---> this calls

BBP_PDH_WFL_DB_UPDATE_BACK ---> this calls ---> FM

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PDH_WFL_CHECK_RESTART'

EXPORTING

iv_object_id = iv_object_id

iv_object_type = iv_object_type

iv_user = iv_user

iv_db_task = lv_db_task

iv_prev_task = lv_prev_task

iv_cond_task = iv_cond_task

iv_guid = iv_guid

iv_obj_changed = iv_obj_changed

iv_main_wi = iv_db_workitem_id

IMPORTING

ev_restart = lv_restart

ev_cond_task = lv_cond_task.

in the above FM the value for lv_restart should be 'X', then workflow restart will happen.

5) if you want to debug ---> then make sure the value of iv_in_dialog is set to X.

in the FM -->

BBP_PDH_WFL_DB_IN_UPDATE_TASK.

6) sorry that i am not able to help further --> as detailed investigation is required here.