Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching all those employees in my company who are using SDN

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to identify all those employees in my own company who are using SDN. How can I do that?

Regards,

Jarmo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an interesting and believe it or not a common request which we are considering. Thank you for your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

We have top companies who are contributing. Just by clicking a company (making it as a link), it would be better if SDN provides some way to see all the top SDN contributors from that company.

Best regards,

Felix

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos

You can get this list from SAP Service Marketplace as follows:

1. Go to SAP Service Marketplace

2. Click SAP Service Channel - Your Inbox

3. Click Customer Messages under Search Options

4. Click Search reporter button

5. In the User name, enter "a*" and click Search.

A list is displayed where name starts with "a". List contains the following information:

-Name

-User ID

-My company's name

List contains the names from my company despite if the user has created a customer message or not. When I try to search with "*", I get error message "Error Message - Service not available".

Is it possible to get a simple list of all the employees in my company from SAP Service Marketplace instead?

The reason why I want this kind of list is that I want to collaborate more with my colleagues using SDN Forums. I'd like to create some "Watches" on some of my colleagues.

Regards,

Jarmo

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A * for user name works at our end. But there is no real link between OSS and SDN. Lots of our OSS users don't work with SDN and vice versa. The userid could be different too.

Isn't it simplier to ask those people their user in SDN? Probably they've just used their name and I hope for you that you know their name.

The forums on SDN are btw for posting problems. It is not suited for colloboration as such, unless you have problems.

Eddy

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

In SDN profile there are the following fields:

- Company

- Partner Name

- Email Address

Partner Name and Email Address are both mandatory. It seems that in Advanced Search, I cannot search these fields at all.

Then I guess I need to ask it within my company. But, it would have been better if I had had a possibility to get that list from SDN.

I also understand that people may have several user id's, and they are using them all in SDN.

Regards,

Jarmo

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SDN will never give you a list. They promise that they nevre pass through any data to other people (for prventing spam etc).

Searching in those details is for that same reason not possible. I guess you won't be happy if somebody has gathered all users form your company and sending spam to them (or doing other things).

Eddy

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need to ask it within your company. One doesn't need to be registered for consulting SDN. Registration is needed for contribution only.

Eddy