Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal AND / OR BW Role ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can clear up what I believe is a simple question but would bring a lot more clarity for me as well.

I need to create the required roles a user would need if they were to run a BW query in a Portal.

I'm aware the query gets published into a Portal role.

However, does this mean that we just need to create a portal role for the query or do we also need a BW Role which just contains the BW query?

I understand that there should also be a BW Role that allows the user to run the query (e.g. specifying rrmx transaction).

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We have integrated Portal and BW server to execute the BEX / Web BEX query, all queries and roels authorization has been developed on abap side.

Now, you have an option to execute the query on bex or web bex, the roles what you have developed can be use bex / web bex side without any changing or additional portal roles assigned.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Is that integrated Portal / BW Server specific to your site or is the way you've used it the recommended SAP Best Practice way?

I've never heard of using ABAP before for this. Can you go into more detail?

Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Haven't done this for a while, but for my last project I created a separate BI menu role for the various functional areas e.g. SOP, Sales, Budgeting etc. This was used by the BI consultants to attach the queries and to build the folder structure. If I remember correctly this drives the top level navigation depending on the criteria you select when importing the role.

These were then converted to Portal roles, which we assigned to the users.

The document that I used as a reference can be found at the following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f1cbe7ee-0901-0010-12b9-e6c74d94...

Regards