cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u00BFSamples syncbo type t51? Advise me about syncbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i´m doing a new app with syncbo t51, but i haven´t samples and i haven´t documentation... Anybody can help me?

In my case, i think that this syncbo is the perfect for me.

I will create a sales app with many many data (about 100MB). Normally, the changes will be in the server.

Is this syncbo for me or better t01 or s01?

Thanks,

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 11, 2008 10:14 AM

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 11, 2008 10:19 AM

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 11, 2008 10:23 AM

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 11, 2008 10:24 AM

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 11, 2008 11:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do the master data with syncbo T01, but... when i execute the replicator? What do you advise me?

Thanks,

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 14, 2008 11:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

run the replicator once per night - cause you have masterdata that should be absolutely ok. If it is ok for the people to run it once per wekk only, it would be better.

Keep in Mind: Master data does usually not change that often. So it should not run more then once per day and at the end it is the best to run it in the night!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, my idea was the same.

I intent execute the replicator each tow days.

Thanks,

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The informaton of the cloth could be change, stock, colour, sizes..., in this case, do you advise me t01? There are campaigns too with the cloth in each campaigns...

Lot of thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, a cloth has a number and this number is always assigned to T-Shirt,Strange Design, Funny print available in color green and blue

It is available on stock:

7 times in green size L

2 times in blue size XXL

2 times blue size L

Well, I would store the t-Shirt information that will not change that often in a usual T01 BO. Perhaps a T51.

Stock info will change ourly - this is nothing I would store on the device - why should you? Whenever he is at he customer side this info is to old - store this in a T01 BO as well and update the info every night - andif he needs the most actual information about the stock, let him do an online check like you did with your other app - but just for the stock information on the item - do not update the complete thing.

Read MDK about cascading - split the BO into several parts.

T51 is great - but if an item changes 20times a day and this happens for most of the items - then stick to T01 - better for the backend!

Have you found the document?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me the url for MDK cascading? I don´t find in https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eba3a7-0601-0010-b982-92f...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Google helps

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/mobile/mobile-infrastru...

Hope this gives you the information you need!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i see. but first i need know what syncbo´s type will be use...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends how often the data changes and how actual it has to be on the client!

If you have several changes per item per day and it is not necessary to have the most actual data on the device, chose T01.

If there are only 1 or two changes per day on an item and only a few items are touched, choose T51.

Exclude the actual storage information from that BO.

For the actual storage I would create a single BO of type S01 just for getting the stock information of a specific item.

Well, at the end the data model is something you have to create. It will be a combination of all different types of SyncBOs, cause you can not store al info in a single BO. You should know about the pro and Con of the different BO types. So split the information about a single object into several BOs and combine them in the best way.

This is something you have to define first.

The rest of the information you need you will find in the documents I send you with the links.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

As a thumb rule the following are the reasons for the syncbos are used.

1. Transaction data: S01 or T51

2. Master Data: T01 or T51

Among the above syncbos, T51 is the best since it is more efficient in terms of maintaining latest data in the middleware.

T01 are only used for Master data in case the business object in the backend will not be able to provide provision for Delta management of data.

If the data volume is 100 MB ensure that the no of items in the SyncBO should not exceed 10000.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason of the data is, the app is for a big clothing manufactures and they have a lot of cloth... The sellers need all cloth in the pc for do an order.

Thanks,

Edited by: Victor Capi on Feb 11, 2008 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

well - cloth does mot change - use T01 for the cloth. why T51? what data changes on clothes? split into T01 and T51/S01 and link them with cascading?

Edited by: Oliver Kaluscha on Feb 11, 2008 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No no, now the app is in pc.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

but even on pc it is a lot of data! check the need i would say!usually ths is not necessary always, cause it influences performance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

First i want know what syncbo is better for me...

I have in the first sync lot of data (about 100MB), after the changes will be fews, the most of them in the backend.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your dataset on the device is 100MB - well, this is a lot for a mobile device. Check if it is really necessary to have that amount on thre PDA! Anyway, in that case T51 is your Bo of choice I think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But... if i do a syncbo s01, when i sync or replicate the time will be very very long no? There are many data...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho mch of that data do you need on each device? Usually you just have a few orders on the device out of a hughe number of orders that are on the backend for example.

Well, to start with T51 - look into that document to get a start with T51:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/818ac119-0b01-0010-ba8b-b6e3f349...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

if you have many changes on the backend, then 3Way is beter in your case - then you always have the most actual data on the device. Grab the information you can get about xMAM and read about it - then you get an idea about the differences of SyncBO and how to use them. I think S01 is better in your case then T51.

Regards,

Oliver