cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status profiles and auth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a client that requires sales orders to be released. This can be achieved via status profiles. However, the client requires values to be linked to these releases. For example a sales person can create and release a sales order up to 500k, yet a manager must release it if it exceeds that value.

I have not seen anything in this line for sales. I know there are release strategies for Purchase Orders.

Has anyone had a request like this before?

Regards

Sylvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just a got link on this, pl check :

[status profile|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/release-strategy-for-sales-order.htm]

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

relases strategy in sales.

its possible with help of ABAP and Basis.

we need to have a status profile defined in IMG-Sales and distribution-Sales-Sales documents-Define and assign status profile.

and assign it to sales doc type.

create a authorisation profile and assign it to relevent user by Basis.

create a front end screen by Abap, with release screen.

asif.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I will look into this and give it a try together with an ABAPer.

Thanks

Sylvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will rephrase your question. What you mean is that a person cfreating the sales order should be able to save orders below a certain limit and those above should be blocked and a message should go to some higher level person say manager right?

Well this is achieved with a combination of two processes.

First all order creations can be linked to authorisations. Only those with a proper authorisation can process the order. This is done through authorisations for certain transactions. But this does not put any limit. So in order to put a limit the authroisation profile will need to be checked against a value. This is done with the help of an ABAP Program.

Then if it exceeds it the order cannot be saved. In such cases an automatic mail can be configured through SAP workflow which again is outside the scope of SD so that the manager's inbox receives this request for release. The manager then opens his mail from outlook express and goes to the transaction and clears it. The manager will not even need to know the transaction to do that. He will just have to click the link to get to the transaction.

regds

Jude