cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Coding mask access in PS - reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam using two types of coding masks at my client location.

For one coding mask one process owner is there and same for second also.

Here I want to maintain a check,i.e one process owner can't access the second coding mask and same for 2nd also.

pls suggest me how to do this..

Regards,

Prakash.

Reward points for useful answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can restrict the authorisation with coding mask. There should be something different (Master data on WBS) like person responsible, project type, profit center etc.,

I would suggest you to use project type (create one for each mask) and restrict the authorisation using this field.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas

I tried for this but its not working,

Can u explain in detail,tht how to do this,

if u have any doc's relating to this pls forward....

Regards,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the project type method for controlling the authorisation, you need to control the authorisation object 'C_PRPS_ART' and field 'PS_PRART'.

For each project coding mask you use a specific project profile. In the project profile you use a default project type. Now the link between the coding mask and project type is established.

For the user ID add a role which has this authorisation object 'C_PRPS_ART' and control the activity 'PS_ACTVT' and the project type 'PS_PRART'. Take help of Basis guys.

This might be a clumsy solution compared to the user exit solution but it works.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Thanks for ur reply,

The thing is in our scenario for one project iam using 4WBSE,

Each WBSE is having seperate Personresponsible.

The activities which i have assigned to tht WBSE,he only can confirm those WBSE activities,these things iam controlling thrg Userststus Profiles.

Now again as per your suggestion if i maintain seperate profile for coding mask again it will effet my WBS wise activities confirmation(Relating to person responsible).

So pls suggest if thr is any possibility with this scenario,if not suggest one more....

Regards,

Prakash.E

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are adding one more constraint!! I can think of one more solution with few assumptions:

1. Create a validation. Take the reference of the project coding mask (Project ID) and check if the person responsible is valid.

Ex.,

If Project ID = MIT

Person Responsible = 00001

If Project ID=MID

Person Repsonsible = 0002

You can still use you user status as configured.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

There is no standard authorization object that will

assist in this requirement.

Please consider user exit CNEX0002 to enhance your authorizations checks. Probably, you will be able to achive the desired check with it.

Thanks

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srenivas & Martina,

Thanks for ur reply.

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please give me your mail id.

regards