cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigerring web services through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i need to configure XI to trigger the webservices in a java based third party system. I have written a short description about the scnario below. Can any body suggest me or provide me some links about how this can be achieved?

The key players are SAP work flow, XI and Java based third party system which has some web services. Based on the events raised by the SAP work flow, we need to capture them in the Xi and then trigger one of the webservices in the third party system. Also, we need to take the response back from the third party system into XI and again need to trigger a webservice in the third party system based on it.

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

1) you need to import the WSDLs of all the webservices from the third party java based system and save them as message interfaces.

2) you need to configure SOAP receiver adapters to call the webservices from the java based system.

3) In order to perform a communication which to and fro workflow and java based system, i would suggest you to design a ccBPM.

please let me know, if you need more help.

thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Thanks for the information. Yes I need some more details about step 2 and Step 3. I am not aware much about XI. if you can either explain little more and provie me with some pointer to similar scenario, i will really appriciate that

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

Here are the steps:

1) you need to 1st import WSDLs throught external definitions in Integration Repository.

WSDL is nothing but Web service definition language. You can ask the java web service team to provide you with the wsdls.

2) create an interface for the input parameters that you are going to receive from the workflow.

3) design message mappings and interface mappings between workflow interface and web service wsdl interface.

Configuration:

now I assume you are aware with the other steps involved in Integration directory.

Configuring the SOAP adapter:

1) you will have to use SOAP receiver adapter to call the java webservice,

2) Transport protocol is usually HTTP

3) Message protocol is SOAP 1.1

4) you can get the target URL from the java webservice WSDL itself, for more help, here is a hint:

Usually it is at the end of the entire structure, Copy the URL from <soap:address location="URL"> from the wsdl.

5) If you need user authentication, click the checkbox, enter user name and password.

As you have already got many links on ccBPM but if you need more help please let me know.

--thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Thanks for the information and appriciate your effort in putting each step so clearly. But again i need some more details about the various steps involved in Integration Directory also for this scenario. Although i am getting Familier with ccBPm right now but if you can provide these details, it would be helpful for me.

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b7/d7baaf1481a349ab723e3acd7334b3/content.htm

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi - Invoke Webservices using SAPXI

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/336365d3-0401-0010-9884-

a651295aeaa9

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/336365d3-0401-0010-9884-

a651295aeaa9

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

Following are the steps for Integration Directory:

1) You would need an outbound proxy program to send data from SAP workflow. I am not proficient in SAP workflow but i know you can write some code in the workflow steps to send data to SAP XI, you get examples of writing an outbound proxy program in SDN.

2) Now your outbound proxy would trigger this particular scenario. It will bring input parameters for first java based webservice in XI.

2 a) If the third party webservice is a synchronous one, then while creating the mappings you will get both request and response parts, you would also need to create a response structure to create the mapping between 1st webservice's response and your response structure.

3) For sender side you do not need any communication channel. For receiver side you would need one as I mentioned earlier. To create a communication channel, you need to first create or import (if already created) a business system or a business service (you can read about these in help.sap.com, ask me if you need the link). I would suggest a business system as web service provider is a third party. How to do it:

ID--><your configuration scenario> --> Service without Party --> Business Service / Business system --> right click to create or assign.

4) When you are done with this, you get a communication channel option created inside you business system or business service. Right click to create a communication channel. Give a name to it and press F4 to select the adapter type as SOAP. it would be a receiver. Read help.sap.com for more info on it.

5) Rest of the mostly needed parameters i have already mentioned in my earlier posts for configuring the communication channel.

6) Next create a Receiver determination --> Interface determination --> Sender Agreement --> Receiver Agreement

7) For receiver determination, you need to enter a business service / business system and the sender message interface. If you have chosen your own service then you need to register your message interface in the service. double click on the service name to do it. there are options to register inbound / outbound messages.

😎 For interface determination, you need to perform same steps as step no 7 also you need to enter your receiver service or business system

9) In sender and receiver agreements you mention sender and receiver communication channels. Well in your case you need not make any sender agreement as you sending data from R/3 to XI directly.

Note 1: The output you get from 1st Java based web service can be in a similar manner be directed to the input of 2nd java based web service. you have not mentioned what you want to do with the response of the 2nd webservice.

Note2: You can also design this scenario without ccBPM in case you do not have further orchestration.

In case of more queries, feel free to ask,

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Thanks a lot for the entire details. I will try them and i am sure that i will get back to you with so many questions very soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

I am back with again questions regarding Integration Process that needs to be defined for this particular scenario.

Can you please elaborate little about that too so that i could get some pointers. Although i tried it last night but i could get familier with terminologies only.

I will definitely appriciate your effort.

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh