cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a variant in VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you teach me how to create a variant in VA01? I'd like to have a default value in the sold to party field.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as per your need for a temporary fix you can goto

System->User Profile->Hold Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

find out the value of the field for sold to party by placing your cursor on it and pressing f1- technical info- parameter ID.

Then from any screen go to system - user profile - own data.

UNder the parameter tab, enter the value of your sold to party and the parameter ID for the Sold to party.

Then whenever you use this field the default value will be the value you input.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To show a default sold-to-party in this field when the user creates a sales order (VA01) we can use a function exit .This function exit is located in enhancement no V45A0002 . Before we can choose the exit we have to create a project in CMOD after that enter V45A0002 in the enhancement field and click on the components . In the components you will see the exit EXIT_SAPMV45A_002 . This exit is used for our purpose.

Double clicking on this exit will takes us to function builder (SE37) . This function exit has one exporting parameters and two importing parameters, we are interested in exporting parameter which is E_KUNNR of type KNA1-KUNNR i.e if we move the desired customer name to this structure(E_KUNNR) it will be shown in the field as the default value when we create the sales order. This function also contains a customer include ZXVVA04 . This include will be used to write our custom code .

Double clicking on this include and it will prompt us that this include does not exists do you want to create this object ,select yes and the include will be created .In this include we can write our own code that will fill the field E_KUNNR.

e.g. E_KUNNR = 301.

Activate the include and Activate the project. Now when ever the SALES ORDER will be created , sold-to-party field will come up with a predefined customer .

regards

sadhu kishore

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John

By using user exit V45A0002, you can predefine sold to party in sale order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gurus,

>

> Can you teach me how to create a variant in VA01? I'd like to have a default value in the sold to party field.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Paul

Hi Paul,

I think Variant facility is available for Reports only.

Not sure on that part.

But as per your need for a temporary fix you can goto

System->User Profile->Hold Data

This will hold he data for you when you login next time.

Hope it helps

Regards

Abhishek Swarup