cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem while creating a Service Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to create a service Interface with two operations, and I am following this Demo:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/40f1ed0e-278a-2a10-c0b9-e5c931049a...

but I'm getting an error while trying to create an asigment for an operation. I first create the Interfaces's assigment, and create the object just as the Demo. Then I create a new assignemt for an operation, and here comes the problem:

When I double clic on the round icon, a dialog shows up asking if I want to create the object, to which I answer Create,

But on the next dialog, the object's name has the following format:

SERVICEINTERFACENAME . OPERATIONNAME

without the spaces. If I leave as is and click Create, an error shows telling that a (dot) is not a valid character in the name, but if erase it and click Create, another error shows saying: "Service interface does not exist"

and therefore I Cant add this operation to the service Interface.

Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot

have a nice day

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reynod

Are you using the SP3 version of ESR? This is a problem with the SP3 version that has been fixed in SP4.

For now - Rather than creating the operation from the ARIS model, you can go to the Service interface object directly and create an operation with the same name manually. You can then create an assignment to the existing operation.

I hope that helps.

regards

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that was very helpful.

I had seen I could do it manually, I was wondering of why I was getting that error.

I'll find out more about SP04, I think it is not available yet.

Thaks again,

regards

ReY

Answers (0)