cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to to update Vendor ID and all the impacted documents?

vishal_boyro3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to change the Vendor ID of vendors in Vendor Master data and upate the vendor's Vendor ID in all existing document.

Example: if there is already a Bid Invitation, Purchase Order or Contract existing with the old Vendor ID, we have to update these documents with the new Vendor ID in the Vendor Master data for the same vendor.

I would like to know if anybody done something similar and what are the proper steps to do that?

Also what are the list of documents affected by the Vendor ID changes?

Thank you for your help,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Government Procurement has a function called Novation. Original Contract was with vendor A. Vendor A and B were merged and vendor C is new vendor ID. What is your business reason to change the vendor ID ?

Regards,

Masa

vishal_boyro3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Yeah, you are right. I searched so but I couldnt find any proper tools to mass the the vendor info and related documents.

I only found this program BBP_CTR_NOVATION_CONVERT which the the vendor change only for Contracts. Think I'll just do adapt the same logic for all the document types.

So far this is the best I found, but if someone has a better solution am all ears

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I don't think there is any standard setting / function module in SRM to effect such a change in the already created documents.

You can close the existing documents and can effect the change or write a custom program to change the vendor ID.

Rgds,

Teja