cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new to implementation and need your help in resolving below issue.

The scenario is customer has different coding masks for the Make to Stock (MTS) order projects and Projects against confirmed sale order.

With anticipation of sale order , a MTS is initiated. The project coding will be W-1-1-3065. When a confirmed Sale order comes....., the same project must be assigned to that sale order but now the same project must be renamed as W-1-0-3065.

If I do Copy project , the new project is copied with the structure but the durations , activity status , which were under execution are not copied. The new project will be in CRTD status.

Here requirement is that we shud be able to overwrite the code right from project definition thru last WBS level. Also if any P.Rs or Planned orders are generated with old coding , and it is reflected in account assignment fields...there also we shud be able to overwrite.

In normal practice MTS or MTO is distinguished by type of project. Here it is in coding.

Does SAP recommend this ?

How to address this ?

Or Adopting SAP normal practice is the only resort ??

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikishore.

I think there are possibilities to solve this.

First it is possible to change the WBS Element ID. You maybe should validate (TXN OPSI) that in case of an ID change in the WBS element the confirmed sales order is existing. You have to make sure as well that the WBS element ID in the sales order is changed or correct as well after the WBS element ID name change.

Another possibility would be to create a second tree of WBS elements for the project phase under the same project definition. You'd have an order phase then, W-1-1-3065, and after the project phase, W-1-0-3065.

Best regards.

Jens