cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Layout server crashes when trying to open Publisher

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have MDM Layout Server and Publisher installed on my machine. When I try to open the Publisher, it is asking me for the server to connect to. I am providing the name of my machine. I am then seeing a Runtime Error dialog box with the message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! R6025 - pure virtual function call and the Layout server is crashing after that instance.

I tried to look at the log files ServerXXXX.xml and AssertionXXXX.xml files that got generated inside the Layout Server directory. This is the message in the Server XXXX.xml

+ <Trace ts="2008/02/09 21:42:32.578 GMT" tid="3924" entry-no="0">Server does not register to System Landscape Directory. Set parameter &apos;SLDRegistration&apos; to true in the .ini file for registration to System Landscape Directory.</Trace>+

Here is the message from the AssertionXXXX.xml file.

+ <Assert ts="2008/02/09 21:45:54.406 GMT" tid="4932" entry-no="1" file="..\..\..\MDM\Servers\MDLS\FamilyAccessSession.cpp" line="81">false</Assert>+

I have set the SLDRegistration parameter to False in the Layout Server.ini file. I am missing something or Is this a bug? Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is no Family table present then MDM Layout server would gives this error. Please add a family table to your repository and then add this field to the main table.

This should solve the problem. The publisher should actually give you the correct error saying that the family table is missing but it usually shuts down reporting the error. Also it shuts down the MDM server sometimes so be careful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure but you can try with these:

Set SLDRegistration variable in both the files in mds.ini as well as in layout server.ini to False and then try.

If does not work Set SLDRegistration variable in both the files to True and then try.

hope it may work.

BR,

Alok