cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro Billing step by step process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can anybody tell me step step process of Retro Billing.

Regards,

Sreehari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl check this notes from library :

Processing Retroactive Billing Lists

Prerequisites

The system does not automatically trigger the creation of a retroactive billing list when you create, change, or delete condition records. You must create the list manually.

In retroactive billing, the system creates credit and debit memos with reference to invoices only.

For consistent data in the retroactive billing list:

Create credit and debit memos and memo requests with the same payer, sold-to party, material, and sales organization as the referenced invoice.

Create credit and debit memo requests with the same currency as the referenced invoice. This is particularly important for the change to Euro.

Be aware that even though you enter an overall pricing type for the list, the system may include billing documents with a different pricing type. The pricing type you enter for the list may also be different from the pricing type determined for the credit and debit memos created by the system. Ideally, these two pricing types should be the same.

Make sure that you carefully maintain order reasons in Customizing, in sales documents, and in credit and debit memos for retroactive billing.

Make sure that the condition type PDIF is defined in the pricing procedure which is used when creating credit or debit memos. The system will always post the difference with the condition type PDIF .

While you are processing the list, the system blocks it for the client, payer, and sales organization. The system allows other users to call the list up for display, and even simulate retroactive billing. However, when they try to perform retroactive billing the system informs them that the list is being processed. When you finish processing the list, the system releases it for the other users. To perform retroactive billing, a user who is already in the list to display or simulate can exit, and call the list up again, or simply choose Refresh.

Procedure

In Billing choose Billing document ® Retro-billing.

Enter a payer, a sales organization, to and from dates, and pricing type B or C .

The system automatically proposes pricing type C . Besides these required entries, you can also enter a currency, sold-to party, or material to narrow your search.

Choose Enter.

The system creates a list, displaying documents and subtotals for each combination of currency, sold-to party and material.

If you are working with this function for the first time you must first set the billing types for credit and debit memos and the order reasons for these documents.

Choose Settings ® Change, enter your data, and choose Save. Although the system will propose these settings as default in future documents, you can change them at any time.

Select the document or documents that you want to bill retroactively and choose Retro-billing.

Only items with open quantities can be selected. If you cannot select an item, this means that it has already been processed.

To simulate the retroactive billing function, choose Simulate.

Result

The retroactive billing documents that you have selected are divided into two groups:

Items that require credit memos

Items that require debit memos

The system processes these groups separately, creating the necessary credit and debit memos for the retroactive billing amount.

Note the following when reviewing or processing the results:

You can only work with the full retroactive billing amount. It is not possible to process partial amounts.

The system does not carry out a tolerance check on the net value. Also, it does not take into account different value-added tax (VAT) amounts for one item. All conditions other than the retroactive billing amount are determined automatically.

The system does not update the list automatically.

Choose Refresh to update the list. Processing large quantities of documents for retroactive billing may negatively affect system performance. Newly created documents may not be available immediately.

The system splits credit and debit memos when:

There are differences in the plus/minus signs of the items

The system creates credit and debit memos with positive amounts.

The sales areas in the referenced invoices are different

The currencies in the referenced invoices are different

The sold-to parties in the referenced invoices are different

Review any errors that occur by choosing Log.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

I have done all the settings necessary for retro billing. I have maintained the pricing cond. PDIF in Cr/Dr memo pricing procedure.

When I execute the VFRB transaction it is showing 3 billing documents. I have selected all the 3 docs and selected the button Retro-Billing, then I got the below message.

Credit memos - 3

Debit memos - Debit memos not required

What is the next step?

How the credit memos get created?

From here I am unable to proceed further, pl guide me.

Regards,

Sreehari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl check this :

[credit and debit memo req|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ff/b9abf4eaf411d1954800a0c9306667/content.htm]

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (0)