cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick question on Development configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created an SC and imported Development configuration and created a DC and performed the steps and whole process was fine..that is i was able to deploy on test system using JDI.

I want to add one more DC to this SC, so i removed my development configuration from NWDS and imported it again and in the inactive workspace, context menu of the compartment, selected "Create new DC" and created one, and assigned an activity to that

I went to activities view and check in and then it popped up for activation. clicked on activate and then now assigned a request id for that. IT stayed there for a long time.

CAME BACK NEXT DAY

Started CBS web GUI and went to "Requests" Page and for that particular request id, in the column "CONFIRMED", it showed "-". so, I selected that request and clicked on "CONFIRM". and went back to NWDS and released the activity and came back to CMS to perform all the transport process, so the file is deployed in Test server Now.

But as i said, why did it take a day ?

a) Am I missing some concept of Development Configuration here. When will the Development Configruation change and how often should a developer remove and import the Development configuration?

b) When I create a SC with a DC and checked in and activated, it was fast. but when i tried to add second DC to the same SC and tried to activate that, as I said it took a day for me. what might be the problem.

is there some time specified that when a build must occur. if that is the case, how was my first SC with a DC worked fast? any thing missing here?

please help me in this regard.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

regarding your question a), IMHO it is not neccessary to remove/import your development configuration when you ad a new DC. You need to reimport the dev conf when you add a new SC or use 'restore system state' in the cms due to changes in the CMS. The NWDS shows an information when a new development conf. is available.

For b) You can switch the autobuild on/off but it seems to be on in your case. Maybe look at the logs in the 'requests' section of the CBS if additional requests where created due to adding the second DC (rebuild of the compartment).

Best regards,

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi wagner,

Thank you for the reply, but the problem still persists..

1. created a SC , imported Dev conf, created a new DC -> checked in --> activate --> release --> transport studio..worked fine.

2. created a second DC (no dependencies on any others) in the same SC --> checked in --> activate .. thats it.. the request number is assigned and stays for a long time... went to CBS GUI and I have seen that the request is in processing stage, so it doesnt have a request log to look if there are any errors at all...

could someone please help me in this regard.

THank you

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Incase you want to have a look at the CBS logs you can also try going through these files:

/usr/sap/<Instance ID>/JC<Instance Nr>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/services/tc.CBS.Service/

In this directory you will find the CBS logs. Just activate and keep going through these logs. Also you can view the same logs in Log Configurator Service in visual admin. This will give you some ides what CBS is trying to do.

Regards

Sidharth